Watch: Man’s phone explodes in his pocket in Mumbai
In a CCTV footage recorded on June 4, the man can be seen jumping off his seat and throwing away the mobile phone as fumes come out of the gadget.mumbai Updated: Jun 06, 2018 12:25 IST
A mobile phone exploded in a man’s pocket while he was having lunch at a restaurant in Mumbai’s Bhandup area.
In a CCTV footage recorded on June 4, the man can be seen jumping off his seat and throwing away the mobile phone as fumes come out of the gadget. Other people in the restaurant can be seen running in panic.
According to news agency ANI, the man sustained minor injuries and was later admitted to a hospital.
In October last year, a mobile phone of a passenger caught fire during a Delhi-Indore Jet Airways flight , a close shave for nearly 120 people who eventually landed safely after the crew put the device in water.
The handset belonged to Delhi resident and was kept in her handbag under the seat. About 15 minutes into the flight, she noticed smoke from the bag and called the crew for help.
The crew had to put the phone in a tray of water to put out the fire.
First Published: Jun 06, 2018 09:28 IST