Nangloi plastic bag manufacturing unit gutted, no one hurt
Maintaining that no casualty has been reported in the incident, senior fire officials said that prima facie, it appears that a short circuit has sparked the blaze.
A major fire broke out at a two-storey plastic bag manufacturing unit in Nangloi’s Naresh Park during the early hours on Saturday. Maintaining that no casualty has been reported in the incident, senior fire officials said that prima facie, it appears that a short circuit has sparked the blaze.
Delhi fire services officials said their control room received a call regarding the incident 3.50 am, wherein the caller reported that a factory has caught fire at A39 Naresh Park in Nangloi.
Fire officers who reached the spot were told that the factory has plastic bags stashed and that two workers were sleeping inside the factory when the fire broke out. They spotted the fire and somehow managed to escape from the building before the fire fighters arrived.
“At 25 fire tenders had to be rushed to the spot. The inflammable material in the unit had fuelled the blaze. It took us more than two hours to control the fire. The cooling process is still on,” chief fire officer Atul Garg said.
He maintained that a short circuit is likely to have led to the fire. “However, we are yet to probe the exact reason. Whether the factory was being run illegally and it had the fire safety system in place or not, is a matter of probe,” Garg said.
He also said that the area has several other small factories and since no one was trapped in the fire, their sole focus was not to let the fire spread to other units. “Senior officers had also reached the spot to supervise the operations,” Garg added.