HT's most viewed stories
These were some of the most viewed and read stories on hindustantimes.com:
I did not expect this, says Gangnam Style singer PSY
The artist talks about his international stardom with Gangnam Style. He’s taken the world by storm with Gangnam Style, a number, which he didn't expect to. Read more.
FB case: Police decide to drop case against girls
In a relief to the two girls who were arrested over a Facebook post criticising shutdown during Bal Thackeray's funeral, Maharashtra Police has decided to drop the case against the duo. Read more.
Switzerland the best place to be born in the world; India 66th
People born in Switzerland will tend to be the happiest and have the best quality of life in terms of wealth, health and trust in govt; India figures 66th in the list. Read more.
Fresh guidelines to prevent misuse of Section 66(A) issued
The uproar over arrests made under Section 66 (A) of the IT Act, forced the government to issue guidelines for the authorities before registering complaints under the controversial section. Read more.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As part of their investigation, police have till date arrested 1,753 persons, which includes 820 Hindus and 933 Muslims.
- The accused man, 30-year-old Sujeet Kumar, remains hospitalised and the police are waiting for him to recover before they pursue “suitable action” against him.
- A bench of justice Vipin Sanghi and justice Rekha Palli also asked the members of the striking union to not put under siege the municipal corporation or throw garbage on the streets.
- Manish Sisodia also interacted with students enrolled in the course to know their experiences.
- Jai Prakash, north Delhi mayor, said that all efforts of the municipal agencies this winter were focused to control local pollution sources.
- No Delhi police officer commented on the incident on record, but senior police officers aware of the development said on condition of anonymity that the two men who were on the target, are lodged in Tihar for their role in the northeast Delhi violence.
- Like several other curious onlookers, the boy too was watching the earthmover in action when the mishap took place, the police said.
- Considering the possibility of quitting this occupation, he observes that “one of the good things of being an auto driver is that all your income is made in hard cash.
- The last, which has a weight of almost one-third in the rankings, is a completely subjective parameter.
- The Bihari Puraskar is one of the three literary awards instituted by the KK Birla Foundation in 1991.
- It also asked the Centre why it was donating or selling Covid-19 vaccines to foreign countries at a time when the drive to inoculate Indian citizens was not optimised.