40 HS schools, 15 colleges identified for NCC expansion in Meghalaya
Forty higher secondary schools and 15 colleges in Meghalaya are set to benefit from the NCC expansion plan, covering 173 border and coastal districts of the country, announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his Independence Day address, an official said on Sunday.
The expansion plan of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) will be implemented in the institutions, located across seven border districts of the northeastern state, he said.
There are 11 districts in Meghalaya.
The NCC is a youth development movement managed by the armed forces. It also provides exposure to cadets in a wide range of activities, with an emphasis on social services, discipline and adventure training.
It is open to all regular students of schools and colleges on a voluntary basis.
Defence spokesman here, Wing Commander Ratnakar Singh, said that under the NCC expansion plan, Meghalaya would get 5,445 additional vacancies taking the strength to 11,621 over next three years.
“Under this scheme, two minor units, the 41 Artillery battery and 42 Meghalaya Signal company, will be upgraded to a battalion strength and 2 Meghalaya NCC Battalion will be getting additional manpower,” Singh said.
It is a 100 per cent central-funded scheme, he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- JEE Main 2021 March session: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for JEE mains 2021 March session online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- ICAI CA May exam 2021: Candidates can check the ICAI CA May examination schedule for the Foundation course online at icai.org.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited online applications for lateral recruitment of Joint Secretary and Director level officers (Group ‘A’) in different ministries/departments with headquarters at New Delhi.
- TNUSRB constable marks 2020: Candidates who have not cleared the TNUSRB constable recruitment examination can check their marks online at tnusrbonline.org.
- The Indian Institute of Technology Jammu on Friday entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Army's Northern Command providing innovative solutions through exhaustive research and development in Jammu and Kashmir, an official said.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Friday released a revised date sheet for Class 10 and Class 12 board exams 2021.
- Delhi Subordinate Staff Selection Board on Thursday released an advertisement to fill more than 1800 vacancies under various departments under the Govt of NCT of Delhi.
- Anna University has released the TANCET 2021 hall ticket/admit card on Friday March 5, 2021.