BHU’s winter ice-cream treat for kids and diabetics
Ice creams will no longer be taboo for children in winters or for diabetics round the year.
The Banaras Hindu University’s Dairy Development and Food Technology Department has prepared a new herbal ice cream which not only tastes good but also increases one’s immunity levels.
Under the guidance of research head Prof Dinesh Chandra Rai, two students -- Vishal Jain and Shashank -- have come up with this new ice cream after months of trial.
Vishal Jail said that the ice-cream developed by them is rich in anti-oxidants which will help children develop immunity.
The ice cream has been developed in four flavours -- Tulsi (basil), Saunf (fennel seed), Mulethi (Liquorice) and a mixed flavour.
Prof Rai said that the ice -cream would help in treating cold, cough and blood pressure and would serve as a functional food too.
“It will not raise blood sugar level-in fact, it will help diabetic patients in lowering sugar levels.” He said.
Prof Rai said that the BHU was in talks with several ice-cream companies and was also keen to share technology with those young persons who wanted to have a start-up. He said that such youths would be given a special training course for six months.
The students are now planning to develop ‘shrikhand’ that will also have medicinal properties.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As per the notification, the commission will be conducting a total of 16 recruitment examination from January to December 2021.
- Candidates who have not yet submitted their application forms can apply online at jeemain.nta.nic.in. The last date to pay the registration fee is January 24, 2021.
- Interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply for the positions online at sssb.punjab.gov.in on or before February 11, 2021.
- Candidates who have registered for the recruitment examination can download their admit cards online at kpsc.kar.nic.in.
- Once the results are declared, candidates who have appeared in the CS Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) will be able to check their results online at icsi.edu.
- Bihar Police Subordinate Services Commission (BPSSC) has declared the sub-inspector mains result 2019 on its official website.
- Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBOSE) on Saturday released the datesheet for class 5,8,9,11 exams. The HPBOSE datesheet can be downloaded from the official website- hpbose.org.