Bill Gates to fund IT Univ
Microsoft founder and the richest person in the world Bill Gates will be setting up an ‘IT Science University’ in the emerging IT city of Bangalore. According to confidential sources, the state government had sent a proposal for setting up an IT university to the Microsoft founder recently.
Gates has agreed in principle with the idea which was likely to cost anything between Rs 7 to 10 billion. The Karnataka government has been in touch with the Microsoft boss since last year and had sent a couple of letters to him in this regard.
The government was waiting for a reply from Bill Gates to begin the formalities for setting up of the university. The state government has also offered prime land in Gachibowli where major IT companies like Infosys and Microsoft had set up offices.
However, it is yet to be decided whether the university would have the status of a Central university or private university, sources said.
The government wants Bill Gates to finance the project and he was also willing to see that it materialised, recognising Andhra Pradesh as a major supplier of trained manpower for IT industry the world over, the sources added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- SNAP Result 2021: The Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) 2021 result was declared on Thursday, January 21, 2021, on its official website - snaptest.org.
- Board of School Education Haryana (BSEH) on Thursday declared the Haryana teachers’ eligibility test 2020 on its official website haryanatet.in
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Thursday declared the Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF and Rifleman in Assam Rifles result 2018 on its official website ssc.nic.in. a total of 1,09,552 candidates have qualified.
- HTET Result 2020: Board of Secondary Education Haryana (BSEB) on Thursday declared the results of Haryana Teachers Eligibility Test (HTET 2020) on its official website -haryanatet.in
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the Office Assistant (Multipurpose) CRP- IX prelims exam results on its official website- ibps.in
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the results of office assistants (Multipurpose) preliminary examination 2020.
- National Testing Agency has extended the last date to apply for Common Management Admission Test (CMAT 2021). Earlier, the deadline was January 22 which has been extended till January 30.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Wednesday released the open round allocation list for INICET 2021. Candidates who have qualified for MD/MS/M.Ch courses can check their seat allotment result on its official website at aiimsexams.org
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will declare the results of office assistants (Multipurpose) preliminary examination 2020-21 on Thursday, January 21.
- The online registration for the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) entrance exam will close on Thursday, January 21.