Board exam 2019: CBSE chief reaches out to students, asks them to ‘insta’ studies, ‘firewall’ distraction
Let your mind’s ‘web browser’ be “loose”, “download” competencies and life skills, “firewall” all distractions while concentrating on studies and treat exams as URLs of your lives, is the message CBSE Chairman Anita Karwal has for students ahead of board exams.
The CBSE Class 12 exams are beginning on Friday and will conclude on April 3, while Class 10 exams will begin on February 21 and end on March 29.
Seeking to connect with students in the tech lingo they are so familiar with, the CBSE chief said, “Face your books and ‘insta’ your studies and let the hashtag ‘studentunstoppable’ trend”.
“The schooling years are the best years for scholarship and education because students’ ‘hard disc’ space is the most receptive in these years. You should let your mind’s ‘web browser’ loose and ‘download’ several life competencies and life skills,” Karwal said in a letter to students.
“There are ‘messengers’ (mentors) to help you identify the ‘spams’ and Ensure the ‘bandwidth’ of learning is fast and vast. Don’t forget you have multiple options such as ‘autocorrect’, ‘backspace’, ‘pause’, ‘shift’ or ‘delete’ to add value to education,” she said.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Chief advised students to “firewall” all distractions for the time being and let fun and games go to the ‘random access memory’, while stressing that exams should not be a measure of one’s success or failure.
“Exams are like ‘Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) of your lives that are meant to help you locate the real possibilities and resources that lie within you by optimising your knowledge ‘search engine’”, she said.
“In the future you will not even remember the marks you get now but let the days you spend working hard for exams be ‘router’ for a fulfilling life,” Karwal said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- SSC JE 2019 Paper I Result declared: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Monday, March 1 announced the results of SSC JE 2019 Paper I examination.
- Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) has released the timetable for ICSE (Class 10) and ISC (Class 12) examinations 2021.
- Institute of banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Monday, March 1 announced the results of IBPS CRP RRB IX Office Assistant (Clerk) Main examination 2021.
- Institute of banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Monday announced the results of IBPS Clerk main examination 2021
- The Railway Recruitment Boards has initiated refund of examination fee to candidates who took Computer based Test (CBT) for Ministerial and Isolated Category posts against CEN-03/2019.
- The answer key and results of All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination 2021 is expected soon.
- The attendance was high even in schools in rural areas. Both students and parents were happy about the reopening of schools.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) is expected to soon release the answer keys of the JEE Main 2021 exam on its official website.
- Schools in Bihar are all set to commence regular classes for students of class 1 to 5 on Monday amid Covid-19 safety protocols.