Strict Covid curb norms for UP Board 2021 practical exams
- UP Board students reporting at their examination centres for practical exams to be held between February 3 and 22 will witness unprecedented steps aimed at keeping them safe from the pandemic.
UP Board students reporting at their examination centres for practical exams to be held between February 3 and 22 will witness unprecedented steps aimed at keeping them safe from the pandemic.
Each student and teacher will have to undergo mandatory thermal scanning aimed at ensuring their body temperatures are within acceptable limits to gain entrance to labs.
The laboratories along with all equipment and gadgets where the students will take their practical exams would also be properly sanitised each day to ensure safety of teachers and students alike, say board officials citing the set guidelines.
As per the guidelines sent by UP Board secretary Divya Kant Shukla to all divisional joint directors (secondary education) and district inspectors of schools (DIoSs) on January 21, all labs and toilets would also have hand sanitisers and handwash for students and teachers and all would be granted access to the labs only after properly sanitising their hands, they added.
“The officials have also been asked to keep a close watch on all students, teachers and staff and if anyone is found with symptoms associated with Covid-19 infection like fever, cough and sneezing, they have been asked to get in touch with chief medical officer concerned to ensure proper check-up, treatment and care,” said Shukla.
Other precautions like maintaining social distancing during the practical exams and seating them at a minimum distance of 6 feet from one another and allowing students to leave after the exams in batches have also been recommended.
“The officials have been asked to explore and encourage use of separate entry and exit points if possible,” he added. The guidelines also ask officials to ensure proper sanitisation of school buses and other modes of shared transport if they are used by the students.
“Facemasks would also be a must for all and each school conducting practical exams has been asked to keep extra facemasks to provide to any students, teacher or staff who comes to the centre without it,” said the UP Board secretary.
As an added measure, the schools have also been asked to ensure that the practical exams are conducted under close scrutiny of CCTV cameras and principals have been asked to keep the recording safe for future reference. The principals have also been asked to prepare a video clip of the practical exams as well which they will have to provide to UP Board when asked.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) matriculation examination, which began on February 17, concluded on Wednesday.
- CBSE 10th boards 2021: Students can check the revised curriculum for the class 10 social science exam on the board's official website at cbseacademic.nic.in.
- Appearing in Board exams is a very important event for every students as it marks a major transition in their academic life.
- As per the board, altogether 8.46 lakh students appeared in the first sitting exam. The re-examination for the paper will be held on March 8.
- Altogether 40 examinees were expelled from the exam centres across the state for using unfair means on the second day of matriculation exam conducted by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) on Thursday.
- Over 16 lakh students wrote science paper on the first day of board exam.
- The Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBOSE) on Wednesday released the final date sheet of Class 10 and Class 12 annual exams.
- Tamil Nadu state board examinations will begin from May 3 and conclude on May 21. The directorate of government examinations announced on Wednesday the schedule for class 12 exams.
- The Bihar Board Class 10 exams 2021 commenced on Wednesday at various centres across the state amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- JKBOSE chairman, Professor Veena Pandita inaugurated the workshop, and JKBOSE secretary, Maneesha Sareen, presided over the programme.
- According to the media reports, the results for Bihar Board class 12th exam 2021 is expected to be announced by March or April 2021.
- Students can check the Mizoram Class 10 board exams schedule online at mbse.edu.in.
- As per the official notice, the window to submit the examination forms will open from February 22, and close on 25, 2021, until 5 pm.