Boy cuts wrist before board exam in MP
A Class 12 student in MP’s Betul district allegedly cut his wrist before he appeared for the geography board exam on Monday, in what may be yet another attempt at suicide by a student due to study-related stress.
Around 21 students in the state have taken their lives because of similar reasons since January.
The 17-year-old student, Manish Batke, came to the examination centre with a handkerchief tied to his left wrist and the invigilator spotted blood oozing from under it.
Batke was promptly rushed to the community health centre. He is now reportedly out of danger.
Police said their investigations revealed Batke cut his wrist with an instrument from his geometry box because he was afraid he would fail in the exam.
“We’re investigating the matter, but the teenager and his family are not speaking much. We’ll record their statements on Tuesday again,” assistant sub inspector at Ghodadongri police outpost K Dhurwe said.
Over the years, numerous young lives have been cut short under pressure to perform in exams. Student suicides in the state increased by more than 240% between 2005 and 2014.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The residential schools are closed since March 17, 2020. Jharkhand Education Project Council (JEPC) issued a detailed SOP to reopen schools and hostels. Students to be allowed to attend classes and hostels with certain precautions
- Goyal, a 17-year-old high school junior from Plano, roped in three classmates to create TutorScope, a free tutoring service run by high schoolers for other kids, including younger ones.
- Once the application process begins, candidates will be able to apply for the third round of AYUSH counselling 2020 online at aaccc.gov.in on or before January 23, 2021, until 5pm.
- As per the notification, the commission will be conducting a total of 16 recruitment examination from January to December 2021.
- Candidates who have not yet submitted their application forms can apply online at jeemain.nta.nic.in. The last date to pay the registration fee is January 24, 2021.
- Interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply for the positions online at sssb.punjab.gov.in on or before February 11, 2021.
- Candidates who have registered for the recruitment examination can download their admit cards online at kpsc.kar.nic.in.
- Once the results are declared, candidates who have appeared in the CS Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) will be able to check their results online at icsi.edu.