Career focus: Psychology
If you like jabbering non-stop and like to drown yourself in music, then radio jockeying could be the right profession for you.
Being an RJ is not just another job, it is for those who are keen on understanding the nuances of the medium. If you are the right one, the sky is the limit in this career. However there is no regular fixed course one can enroll in to get a training to be an RJ as yet.
What you need
An RJ should sound pleasant when heard over the air. Often a very deep baritone voice is difficult to modulate. You must be able to link his conversation to the music. You must have a general knowledge of the music you play and not just a leaning to one genre.
An indepth knowledge of the songs and the musicians makes your script interesting and relevant. You are unseen and you have to grab the attention of your listeners and retain it. An RJ must sound interesting and definitely not theatrical.
With the rising number of private stations playing across the nation today, job prospects are tremendous. One can begin by working at a beginner level and gain experience, working one’s way up. Depending on your field of interest you could scout for opportunities to work in television.
At the beginner’s level you can bag between Rs 8,000 to 12,000. Private companies pay more than public stations. As you gain experience and have a faithful audience, your income goes up. So, watch your words and talk yourself into a fabulous career option.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- HTET Result 2020: Board of Secondary Education Haryana (BSEB) on Thursday declared the results of Haryana Teachers Eligibility Test (HTET 2020) on its official website -haryanatet.in
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the Office Assistant (Multipurpose) CRP- IX prelims exam results on its official website- ibps.in
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the results of office assistants (Multipurpose) preliminary examination 2020.
- National Testing Agency has extended the last date to apply for Common Management Admission Test (CMAT 2021). Earlier, the deadline was January 22 which has been extended till January 30.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Wednesday released the open round allocation list for INICET 2021. Candidates who have qualified for MD/MS/M.Ch courses can check their seat allotment result on its official website at aiimsexams.org
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will declare the results of office assistants (Multipurpose) preliminary examination 2020-21 on Thursday, January 21.
- The online registration for the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) entrance exam will close on Thursday, January 21.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on Wednesday announced the result of the Combined SO-Steno LDCE, 2015 exam on its official website- upsc.gov.in.
- RRB NTPC Exam: Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will on Thursday activate the link to check RRB NTPC third phase exam city and date and to download free travel pass for SC/ST candidates. The link will be activated at 9 pm.
- The decks have been cleared for starting the recruitment process for filling 1,894 posts of principals and assistant teachers in 3,049 government- aided junior high schools across the state.