CBSE Class 12 results 2018 declared, Trivandrum region tops, Chennai second : Highlights
CBSE Class 12 results 2018: A total of 11,86,306 candidates registered for the Class 12 examination that were held at 4,138 centres in India and 71 centres outside the country.Updated: May 29, 2018 23:06 IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Saturday declared the results of Class 12 board examinations. A total of 11,86,306 candidates registered for the Class 12 examination that were held at 4,138 centres in India and 71 centres outside the country.
CBSE Class 12 result: Here is the direct link to check
CBSE Class 12 result 2018: Highlights
3.40pm: Topper Meghna Srivastava said, “I never expected myself to be the All India Topper though I had expected good marks. I was elated when I knew that I had emerged not only as the school topper but national as well.” The 17-year-old girl credited her success to her parents Gautam Srivastava and Alpana Srivastava and her teachers for consistently encouraging her.
3.18pm: Sanjana of Notre Dame Academy scored 96.4% and emerged as the commerce topper in Patna zone. From Patna zone, a total of 93,376 had appeared for the Class 12 CBSE examination out of which 87 were specially abled candidate.
2.03pm: 83.7% clear CBSE Class 12 exam from Bhubaneswar region. Girls pass percentage 87%, boys 81.2%
1.06pm: Anoushka Chandra marks: English core-98, History-100, Political Science-100, Economics-100, Psychology-100
1.05pm: Meghna Srivastava marks: English core-99, History-100, Geography-100, Psychology-100, Economics-100
12.49: Girls have done better than boys by 9.32 percentage points. Pass percentage for girls is 88.31 and for boys it is 78.99
12.40: Trivandrum region tops with 97.32 pass percentage followed by Chennai region with 93.87 and Delhi region with 89
12.339: 72,599 candidates scored 90% and above marks
12.38: 12,737 students have scored 95% and above marks
12.37: First and second all India toppers for CBSE class 12 results are from Humanities stream: CBSE officials
12.36: Anoushka Chandra with 498 out of 500 marks is the second all India topper
12.36: Seven students with 497 out of 500 marks are in third place
12.33pm: Meghna Srivastava is all India topper with 499 marks out of 500
12.31: CBSE Class 12 pass percentage this year is 83.01%, nearly 1 percentage point up from 82.02% in 2017
12.21pm: CBSE Class 12 board exam results 2018 declared
|Candidate’s Name||Name of School||Total Marks|
|Meghna Srivastava||Step by Step School, Sec-132 Taj Expressway GB||499|
|Anoushka Chandra||SAJ School, Sec-14C Vasundhra Ghaziabad UP||498|
|Chahat Bodhraj||Neeraj Modi School, Mansarovar Jaipur RAJ||497|
|Astha Bamba||BCM Arya Model School, Shastri Ngr Ludhiana PB||497|
|Tanuja Kapri||Gayatri Vidyapeeth, Shanti Kunj Haridwar UK||497|
|Supriya Kaushik||Cambridge School, Sec 27 Noida GB Nagar||497|
|Nakul Gupta||Delhi Public School, Rajnagar NH-58 Ghaziabad||497|
|Kshitij Anand||SAJ School, Sec 14C Vasundhra Ghaziabad UP||497|
|Ananya Singh||Meerut Pub Girls School, Shastri Nagar Meerut||497|
* Students in Dehradun are already at their schools, accompanied by their friends and family. Chhaya Khanna, principal Scholar’s Home School in Dehradun, said many students wish to be with their teachers when the CBSE result is declared.
* The board exams were marred by controversy this year with incidents of leak of class 10 Mathematics paper and Class 12 Economics paper over social media being reported from different parts of the country, including the national Capital.
The board then decided to conduct a retest for Class 12 Economics paper on April 25 and put in place a special strategy to ensure there was no possibility of a paper leak
* Anil Swarup, secretary (school education and literacy) human resource development ministry tweeted, “All the best to the students who appeared in Class 12 CBSE exams. However, treat the result with equanimity. These exams are not the end of the world. Pat yourself on the back if you have done well. Any perceived failure should make you even more determined to succeed in future.”
* CBSE officials said students can also send a text message on 7738299899 to get their results on their phones. Students from Delhi can call 011-24300699 and students from rest of the country can call 011-24300699 to know the results.
*This year, students will also be able to check their results on Google by searching for CBSE Class 12 result. They will have to key in the required details to login and check their results.
* Around 82% students cleared the Class 12 board examination conducted by CBSE last year.
Last year, girls performed better than boys by 9.5% as out of 4,60,026 girls 87.50% passed and 78% of 6,38,865 boys cleared the exam.
*The pass percentage of disabled students was 86.69, with 2,123 out of 2,449 passing the exams in 2017.
* A Noida girl was the topper in the Class 12 exam and students from Chandigarh were ranked second and third across India.
*Raksha Gopal, who pursued humanities at Amity International School, scored 99.6% marks.
*Science student Bhumi Sawant of DAV School in Chandigarh’s Sector 8 emerged the second topper with 99.4%. Commerce students Aditya Jain and Mannat Luthra of Bhawan Vidyalaya in Chandigarh both bagged 99.2% to become the third topper.
CBSE 12th exam results 2018: Steps to check
1) Visit CBSE results website at http://cbseresults.nic.in/#
1) Click on the link for result 2018
2) Key in the details as required on the login page that opens
4) Result will be displayed on the screen
5) Download the result and take a print out of the same
First Published: May 26, 2018 09:08 IST