'Conventional education has seen great upheaval for good in the form of NEP'
Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' on Friday said the conventional mode of education has now seen a great upheaval for good, in the form of the New Education Policy-2020 (NEP).
This will enable the students not only to choose the content and duration of their study but will also help them bravely face real life situations, Nishank said in his convocation address at the Avinshilingam University for Women, held virtually.
The questions that the students had until been answering from inside the textbooks will now stand in front of them for which they will seek pragmatic solutions, he said.
NEP-2020 is so flexible and improved that it provides plenty of opportunities to the educators and students alike to explore education from refined perspectives and to utilize the abundant possibilities available, a release quoting the minister said. "The conventional mode of education that our parents and grandparents have introduced to us has now seen a great upheaval for good, in the form of the New Education Policy- 2020 (NEP)," he said.
Stating that education is equally important to both boys and girls, he expressed happiness that more number of girls continue to excel even in technical institutions like IITs and NITs.
The university conferred D.Litt Degree (honoris causa) on the minister for his contribution to the education field.
A total 2506 degrees (UG-1893, PG-534, M.Phil- 40, Ph.D.-39) were awarded to the graduates and conforming to the Covid-19 policy guidelines, only Ph.Ds and Gold Medal Awardees received their degrees and medals on the dais from the Chancellor, S P Thyagarajan.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Friday released a revised date sheet for Class 10 and Class 12 board exams 2021.
- Delhi Subordinate Staff Selection Board on Thursday released an advertisement to fill more than 1800 vacancies under various departments under the Govt of NCT of Delhi.
- Anna University has released the TANCET 2021 hall ticket/admit card on Friday March 5, 2021.
- The National Testing Agency has released the answer key of All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination (AISSEE) 2021
- Copy evaluation for Matric examination conducted by Bihar state education board will begin on March 12 and conclude on March 24.
- Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on Thursday congratulated 12 Indian Institutions on securing position in top 100 in the QS Subject Rankings for the year 2021.