Delhi University admission 2018: All you need to know about quota at DU
Delhi University provides quota under the SC/ST, OBC, physically-handicapped, ECA categories.education Updated: Jun 19, 2018 10:55 IST
Students belonging to Scheduled Castes/Tribes and OBC (Other Backward Castes) can get admission at the Delhi University, which announced its first cut-off list on Monday, under the quota system of the varsity.
Other than SC/ST and OBC categories, the varsity also provides reservation for physically-handicapped candidates, sports students, armed forces’ children and Kashmiri migrants.
15,120 and 12,6000 seats are reserved for OBC students and SC/ST students across the coveted university’s 66 colleges and centres.
All you need to know about quota at DU:
- 22.5% seats have been reserved (SC: 15%, ST:7.5%)
- Students have to fill the common admission forms carry the latest certificate in their names.
- 27% seats are reserved. They need to fill the common admission forms
- Students should furnish an OBC certificate in their name, mentioning they belong to the non-creamy layer.
- 5% seats are reserved â National and district-level certificates are a must.Those who have represented the country in international events will get direct admission. Students have to appear for trials.
- 5% seats are reserved
- Students with disability certificate and with over 40% disability are eligible.
- Foreign students: 5%
- Children of war widows: 5%
- J&K migrants: 5%
- 2% as per college allotted by AICTE
First Published: Jun 19, 2018 10:55 IST