Get what you desire
Here are some tips to help you realise your dreamseducation Updated: Oct 05, 2011 10:40 IST
Everyone has their notion of how people should look and dress, etc... All these diverse perceptions can lead individuals to believe that they need to be a particular way, and if not, then it implies something negative about them. This can frequently affect one’s moods and behaviour. One may start pushing oneself to try and maintain a certain look.
Our traditional society often scoffs at our desires. The popular religions teach us not to have any desires whatsoever. But the fact remains that each one of us desires something or the other in our life.
Our desires are signs from the universe which urge us to move in a particular direction. Each desire is a part of the infinite universal power seeking manifestation, creation and expression. If we were to analyse every passionate desire, we would realise that its purpose is to enhance us. Authentic desires are wholesome and nourishing.
We fulfil each other’s desires by the work we do. When we feel a desire to create something, we can be certain that someone somewhere desires that thing. Similarly, for every person who has something to sell, there is always a person who desires to buy it!
When a desire is put in our heart, the mechanism for its fulfilment, too, is given to us. All we need to do is apply the required tools in an optimum and efficient manner.
What are the factors that help manifest your desires into reality?
* The first important factor is the intensity of your desire. You must have a ‘burning’ desire to make it happen. You must be willing to do whatever it takes to create your desire. Your actions must fit within your value system; only then can you really succeed in life.
* The second important factor is your belief system. No matter how much you desire a specific outcome, it will not happen unless you completely believe in it; both consciously and subconsciously.
How do you increase the intensity of your desire and influence your belief system?
* In order to develop an intense desire and total belief, you need to vividly visualise your desire as though it has already been fulfilled.
* Involve all your senses in this creative process.
* Ask yourself, “What will I see, hear and feel when my desire gets manifested in my reality?”
* Write down the answer and read it out to yourself. Make any changes if required.
* Schedule a time to sit down and imagine this scene every day.
* Do at least one visualisation session in a day. It helps to do it at the same time every day since that builds the habit.
* The more often you perform the visualisation, the faster your desire will come to you.
Now take an immediate action. Get a piece of paper and create your vivid visualisation. Do it every day and remember to let me know when you manifest your desires!
The author is a life-skills coach, time-line therapist, and new consciousness writer.