Bihar board 12th result 2018 announced: 52.95% pass, here are the highlights
BSEB 12th result 2018: This year more than 12,07,986 students appeared for the intermediate written exams held across 1,384 centres in the state. The result has been declared a day earlier than scheduled.Board Exams 2018 Updated: Jun 07, 2018 14:32 IST
The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) declared the results of intermediate or Class 12 board examinations on Wednesday at around 4.30pm. The examination was held between February 6 and 16 and practical exams were conducted between January 11 and January 25.
This year more than 12,07,986 students appeared for the intermediate written exams held across 1,384 centres in the state. The results are being declared a day earlier than scheduled to allow students to apply for admission to colleges in Delhi University, where the last date for submitting the application is June 7.
Here is the direct link to check result.
Commerce: Here’s direct link to check result
Science: Here’s direct link to check result
Vocational stream: Here’s direct link to check result
They can also check their results by visiting the official website of BSEB at biharboard.ac.in
Bihar board 12th result 2018: Highlights
5.47pm: Compartmental exam form will be available in July. Exam is expected to be held in the end of July or first week of August.
5.29pm: In all three stream girls have topped
5.24pm: In arts: 63.12% student passed, In commerce: 91.32% student passed, In science: 44.71% student passed
5.22pm: This year 12 lakh 7 thousand 975 students filled the form, 11 lakh 92 thousand 53 appeared, 52.95% passed the examination, last year 35.24 student passed
5.19pm: In Commerce, Nidhi Sinha of RDS College, Muzaffarpur with 434 marks is the topper
5.05pm: 52.95% pass, which is 17.71% more than last year
4.59: In Arts, Kusum Kumari 424 of Simultala Vidhyalaya is the topper
4.59pm: In Science, Kalpana Kumari has secured 434 marks and is the topper, she also was the NEET topper, Kalpana is the student of YKJM College in Tariyani block, SHEOHAR
4.57pm: June 13-20 date for scrutiny, through online mode
4.55pm: Officials who will declare results arrive
4.43pm: Officials who will announce the results have not yet arrived
3.35pm: Education Minister Krishna Nandan Prasad Verma will declare the results at around 4.30pm
3.31pm: Principal secretary of education department RK Mahajan and chairman on Bihar Board Anand Kishore are set to arrive with the education minister at the BSEB premises for the press conference.
* The board introduced a system of physical verification of the toppers from this year to avoid the embarrassment it faced in 2017 when Ganesh Ram fudged his age and the previous year when Ruby Rai could not answer the basic questions related to her subjects.
* The verification of the top 100 students was completed after they appeared before subject and stream experts and interacted with them for around 25 minutes.
* The examination pattern was also changed this year with the introduction of 50% objective questions that had to be solved on OMR sheets and attempt short answer type questions as well.
* There was a huge dip in the number of students who cleared the exam last year due to strict measures followed by the board to stop cheating. Just 30.11% candidates passed in the science stream and only 37.13% cleared the exam in humanities stream. In commerce stream, 73.76% students were declared successful.
*The result of the matriculation or Class 10 board exams will be announced on June 20. The pass percentage of matric exam in 2017 was 50.12 as 861,000 candidates out of 17,23,911 had failed.
BSEB Bihar Board 12th result 2018: Here’s how to check
* Visit the official website: biharboard.ac.in
* Click on the tab ‘Results’
* Click on the link for Class 12 result.
* Enter your details
* Click submit and view your result
* Download it and also take a print out
First Published: Jun 06, 2018 12:53 IST