LU’s centenary celebrations: New Bharat to be gyanwan, dhanwan, charitrawan, says Rajnath
The centennial celebrations of Lucknow University concluded with the Foundation Day event organised on Wednesday. Defence minister Rajnath Singh and UP chief minister Yogi Adityanath joined the programme virtually.
Deputy chief minister Dinesh Sharma and minister of state for higher education Neelima Katiyar were the chief guest and the guest of honour respectively.
In his speech, Rajnath Singh congratulated the University for completing 100 years, calling it a major landmark that only a few universities in India had achieved.
The defence minister spoke about atmanirbhar Bharat and said this new Bharat would be “gyanwan, dhanwan and charitrawan (intelligent, prosperous and principled)”.
Singh said the education sector, which was going to witness significant change with the new National Education Policy (NEP) which was the perfect blend of ancient and modern India.
He said the NEP would teach students “how to think”.
Some illustrious alumni of LU – singer Malini Awasthi, UP finance minister Suresh Kumar Khanna, scholar Prashant Mishra, Niti Aayog V-C Rajiv Kumar, cricketer Suresh Raina, and cardiologist Naresh Trehan were felicitated at the event.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- WB Police Recruitment 2021: West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (WBPRB) has invited online applications for recruitment against vacancies for the post of constable, lady constable, sub-inspector, lady SI and SI of Police (armed branch).
- Bihar continues to fare poorly in the ranking of institutions by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) despite the fact that all institutions have to get accredited by next year.
- Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) on Thursday released the provisional answer key of its 66th combined competitive preliminary examination on its official website- bpsc.bih.nic.in
- The UP Board intermediate practical examinations will begin from February 3. The exams will be held in two phases -- February 3 to 12 and February 13 to 22.
- Tezpur University 18th Convocation Updates: Prime Minister Narendra Modi was addressing the graduating students and faculty of Tezpur University on the occasion of its 18th convocation.
- SNAP Result 2021: The Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) 2021 result was declared on Thursday, January 21, 2021, on its official website - snaptest.org.
- Board of School Education Haryana (BSEH) on Thursday declared the Haryana teachers’ eligibility test 2020 on its official website haryanatet.in
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Thursday declared the Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF and Rifleman in Assam Rifles result 2018 on its official website ssc.nic.in. a total of 1,09,552 candidates have qualified.
- HTET Result 2020: Board of Secondary Education Haryana (BSEB) on Thursday declared the results of Haryana Teachers Eligibility Test (HTET 2020) on its official website -haryanatet.in