Mumbai university extends interim summer vacation for affiliated colleges till May 3
University of Mumbai on Thursday clarified that the interim summer vacation for affiliated colleges has been extended until May 3. Earlier, MU along with couple of other state universities had suggested early vacations for students and marked it till April 14.
MU has urged teachers to continue to work from home by conducting virtual lectures for students.
“The university plans to conduct exams once the lockdown is lifted, and the final call on this will be taken based on directions from the state and central government. For the time being, the interim summer break is being extended till May 3, 2020,” stated a circular released on Thursday.
Earlier this month, state minister for higher and technical education Uday Samant interacted with heads of all state universities as well as the directors of Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) and the state principal secretary, urging all to come up with constructive steps to conduct exams for the current academic year as well as structure the 2020-21 academic year.
“The minister has formed an expert committee to suggest contingency plans to conduct examinations, once the lockdown is lifted. Until then teachers are being urged to keep academics alive among students through virtual classes,” said an official from MU.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BSEB Class 12th Admit Card 2021: Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) will on Saturday release the admit card for class 12th board exams 2021 on its official website seniorsecondary.biharboardonline.com.
- SSC CHSL Results: Candidates who have appeared in the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam 2019 can check their results by visiting ssc.nic.in.
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Friday declared the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) tier 1 exam result 2019 and cutoff marks on its official website-ssc.nic.in.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended the deadline for re-registration for January 2021 session till January 31.
- National Institute of Open Schooling on Friday released class 10th, 12th admit card for January/February 2021 exams. Candidates who are registered for the exams can download their admit card from the official website at nios.ac.in.
- The online application window for Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL) recruitment for the posts of graduate engineer apprentice (GEA) and Technical Diploma Apprentice (TA), will close on January 15
- IBPS PO Result 2020: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the results for Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee CRP-X prelims examination on its official website at ibps.in.
- JKSSB Recruitment: The online registration window of the Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board (JKSSB) recruitment for District/Divisional/UT Cadre posts of various departments under provisions of the Jammu and Kashmir Civil Services will close on Saturday, January 16, 2021.
- NTA on Thursday released an official notice alerting the applicants of JEE Main 2021 against some unscrupulous elements who have created a fake website - jeeguide.co.in in the name of JEE Main 2021 through which online application and fee payments are being solicited from the aspirants.