SBI PO mains 2018: Last minute tips and tricks for the exam
SBI PO mains 2018: Here are some last minute tips and tricks for preparation and revision, which will help candidates understand how to attempt SBI PO mains exam.Updated: Jul 27, 2018 13:49 IST
The SBI PO mains exam 2018 will be held on August 4 and with just a few days left, candidates aspiring to be selected as probationary officers in the state-run bank need to concentrate more on maximising their speed and accuracy.
To crack SBI PO main exam 2018, candidates need to apply a focused strategy.
Here are some last minute tips and tricks for preparation and revision, which will help candidates understand how to attempt SBI PO mains exam.
Always try to solve questions which are less time-consuming in each section. Avoid spending too much time on a single question as it tends to reduce your speed. So if you are not able to solve it within one minute then move on.
It is one of the most important factors when it comes to preparing for a competitive exam. Candidate should be aware of the well-planned strengths, weakness in terms of topics, time to devote to each section, and ways to attempt the paper.
This will ensure you to visit all the sections and allow you to come across the easy questions from all the sections.
Speed with accuracy
Decreasing the time to answer the questions accurately will ensure success for sure. Solve the easy questions first and leave the hard for the last.
Section-wise preparation tips
English is considered the toughest section by the candidates as it is the check of ability to remember main ideas and significant details. The important topics for this section are the same for almost all recruitment exams.
This section is basically a test of vocabulary and basics of English.
* Practice questions form frequent topics like reading comprehension, Cloze Test, spotting the error, fill in the blanks etc.
* Don’t try to make many guesses in this section
* Don’t try to solve the complete RC in one go
In the numerical ability section of SBI PO main exam, most questions range from easy to moderate level. You must tick the ones you are confident about. Problems from numerical ability will be asked from these topics.
Follow these points in order to maximise score in numerical ability section of SBI PO Mains 2018:
* Be quick in calculations: DI consists of bar graphs, pie charts and tables. If you are quick in calculations, do not skip this section. The questions are pretty straightforward.
* Simplification based questions should be the next target. Try and learn the values of commonly used approximations in advance.
* Avoid lengthy calculations. Much like every examination, you need to leverage calculation speed over time. Try learning a few shortcut tricks to calculate the solution faster.
In SBI PO mains exam’s general/financial awareness section, most questions range from easy to moderate level. General awareness is not something you can expect to master in a day.
Questions based on reasoning ability are fun to solve, provided you really know and understand the problem.
* Revise sample papers and question papers from the previous years. This will help you gain an insight into the pattern
* Read any question twice in order to understand it correctly and leave out any scope of making a mistake in interpreting its meaning.
These crucial tips will help candidates perform and score well in the upcoming recruitment exam by the state-owned bank.
(Singh is an exam expert with OnlineTyari. Views expressed here are personal.)
First Published: Jul 27, 2018 13:49 IST