School on wheels to roll for kids
To educate children from the less privileged sections of society, a 'school on wheels' campaign for working kids has been launched in the East Singhbhum district of Jharkhand.
The initiative is part of the 'School Chalen Hum' (Let's go to school) campaign for which dashing cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni has also been roped in. The mobile school is meant for working children in the age-group of 6 to 14 years.
The vehicle will have two teachers who will travel in the Steel City with books, note pads, pen and pencils to hold classes, district officials said. "Classes will be held for at least two hours every day in the evening," said a district official.
Around 14,000 children are either school drop-outs or have never been enrolled in the district. Cultural programmes and film festivals will also be held to woo the children.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The results of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) main 2021 first session exams were announced by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on Monday, March 8.
- JEE main results 2021: Candidates who have appeared in the JEE Main 2021 February session examination can check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced the results of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) main 2021 examination.
- JEE Main February result 2021: Once the results are out, candidates who have appeared in the JEE Main 2021 February session examination will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) on Monday, March 8 released the revised schedule for ICSE and ISC 2021 examinations
- Most of the top positions were bagged by girls.
- The Himachal Pradesh committee of the Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU) will hold a statewide strike on March 9 for the appointment of Anganwadi workers in the pre-primary classes.
- On Sunday, teachers from different colleges also alleged that they have not been paid regular salary since 2019 and said that nearly 1,200 teachers at these colleges were finding it difficult to make ends meet.
- Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education on Monday declared class 12 annual 2020 (Regular) Kashmir division results in which 82% students passed.