SSC CGL Tier 1 2017: Are you appearing in the exam? Keep these points in mind
The Staff Selection Commission’s (SSC) Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Tier 1 examination will be held from August 5 to August 24.education Updated: Aug 03, 2017 16:06 IST
The Staff Selection Commission’s (SSC) Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Tier 1 examination will be held from August 5 to August 24.
If you are appearing for the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam, here are a few things which you must keep in mind:
While leaving for exam venue:
1) Don’t carry items such as bags, watches, books, pens, paper chits, magazines, mobile phones, Bluetooth devices, head phones, pen or buttonhole cameras, scanner, calculator, storage devices etc to the centre.
2) Don’t wear charms, veil, items containing metals such as rings, bracelet, earrings, nose-pin, chains, necklace, pendants, badge, brooch, hair pin, hair band, clothes with full sleeves or big buttons, etc.
3) Wear footwear such as flip flops or floaters instead of closed shoes.
4) Don’t forget to carry admit card to the centre and reach the venue on time.
While taking the exam:
1) Pen, pencil, and paper for rough work will be provided in the examination lab. Electronic watch (timer) will be available on the computer screen allotted to you.
2) Don’t appear more than once in the exam.
3) Refrain from creating any obstruction during the conduct of the exam.
4) Desist from using any unfair method in the exam hall.
About Tier 1 exam:
The Tier-i exam will be computer based and carry 100 questions of total 200 marks and candidates will have to complete it in one hour. The paper will be divided into four parts: A, B, C and D with 25 questions each. Part A will have questions on general intelligence and reasoning, part B on general awareness, part C on quantitative aptitude and part D on English comprehension. There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer. The questions in Parts A, B, and D will be of graduation level and those in part C will be of Class 10 level.
Preparation of merit list:
The Tier-i exam is held to select candidates for Tier-II exam. Marks of the Tier-I exam will be taken into account for final ranking for selecting candidates for the Computer Proficiency Tests/ Data Entry Skill Test and also for final selection.
The merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. However, candidates will need to qualify all the tiers separately.
The SSC conducts CGL exams to fill up different categories of posts in various ministries, departments, and organisations in the government.