Steering committee for NEP 2020 implementation in UP secondary schools
The state secondary education department has constituted a 12-member steering committee to ensure an effective implementation of National Education Policy (NEP)-2020 in secondary schools of Uttar Pradesh.
The first meeting of committee, formed under additional chief secretary, secondary education, Aradhana Shukla, is scheduled to be held on Wednesday.
With a view to getting outsiders’ views about implementing NEP in such a way that improves learning at the government secondary schools, the committee has nominated a few members who are not government officials.
The committee members include former CBSE chairman Ashok Ganguly; former secretary, secondary education, Sandhya Tewari; vice chancellor of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Prof Vinay Kumar Pathak; former chairman of National Institute of Open School, Mahesh Chandra Pant; former controller of examination, CBSE, Pavnesh Kumar and director basic education Sarvendra Vikram Bahadur Singh.
Three nominated members are founder director, Institute for Career Studies (ICS), Amrita Dass; group CEO, UK India Business Council (UKIBC) and former CEO, NSDC, Skill India Mission, Jayant Krishna and founding president & CEO of Study Hall Educational Foundation, Urvashi Sahni.
“I consider my presence on the steering committee as an invaluable opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the education department for transforming the career scenario in Uttar Pradesh, particularly in the post-Covid era. ICS will facilitate the establishment of a well-equipped career cell in each government school of UP to make informed career choices and also equip them with employability skills,” Dass said.
Jayant Krishna said, “I would like to help the UP government enhance learning outcome at each level in secondary education while ensuring equitable and inclusive education. Optimised usage of technology in pedagogy would also be my priority area. I welcome the mainstreaming of life skills into education and shall guide the UP government in making it happen.”
Sahni said she was eagerly looking forward to contributing to government schools and felt honoured to be a part of the committee.
Besides, a few government officials are also part of the committee. They will be assisted by director, SCERT, Lalita Pradeep; joint education director, Bhagwati Prasad and another officer Vivek Nautiyal.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Most of the top positions were bagged by girls.
- The Himachal Pradesh committee of the Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU) will hold a statewide strike on March 9 for the appointment of Anganwadi workers in the pre-primary classes.
- On Sunday, teachers from different colleges also alleged that they have not been paid regular salary since 2019 and said that nearly 1,200 teachers at these colleges were finding it difficult to make ends meet.
- Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education on Monday declared class 12 annual 2020 (Regular) Kashmir division results in which 82% students passed.
- JEE main result 2021: After the results are declared, candidates who have appeared in the entrance examination will be able to check their JEE main results 2021 online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- JKBOSE class 12 results for Kashmir division: Students who have appeared in the JKBOSE class 12 board examination can check their results online at jkbose.ac.in.
- JEE main result 2021: Once the results are out, candidates who have appeared in the JEE Mains 2021 February session exam will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the final answer key of JEE main February 2021 examination.
- Over 6.88 lakh candidates have applied for UPPSC's combined state/upper subordinate services examination 2021, commonly known as PCS exam, and assistant conservator of forest /range forest officer services examination 2021, say UPPSC officials.
- National Testing Agency (NTA) is expected to soon declare the results of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) main 2021 first session exams.