Telangana: PTMs for parents of underprivileged on value of education
In a novel initiative to bring about awareness among parents from disadvantaged sections about the importance of education for children, the Telangana social welfare educational institutions society is organising ‘Parent-Teacher Meetings’ at its schools across the state.
Children from the under-privileged sections study in the Telangana Social Welfare Residential Educational Institutions Society (TSWREIS).
The parent-teacher meetings are organised by the society under its initiative named ‘Impact’. The society has introduced the ‘Impact’ programme to bring about a change in the attitude of poor illiterate parents about importance of their children’s education and to bridge the gap between the teachers and the parents, according to TSWREIS secretary RS Praveen Kumar.
The society organises the Impact programme across the state in all schools involving parents and teachers thrice a year on a mega scale with the objective of creating awareness on issues like parenting, importance of education, students’ regular attendance at school, career opportunities, evils of early girl marriages, among the rural parents.
The ‘Impact’ event organised on Thursday in the society’s schools across the state were attended by thousands of parents, TSWREIS said in a release. “I feel honoured that the Principal recognised me as an important stakeholder of my child’s school,” Yadamma, who attended the ‘Impact’ programme at Ibrahimpatnam ‘magnet school’, said.
The parents expressed their gratitude to Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, Minister for Scheduled Castes Development G Jagadishwar Reddy for taking “path-breaking decisions” and Praveen Kumar for taking innovative programmes, the release said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Bihar government on Tuesday admitted in the state assembly that the enrolment of students in the government and government-aided schools had declined by 40 lakh in 2018-19 compared to 2014-15.
- The recruitment examinations include the West Bengal Civil Service exam, West Bengal Audit, and Accounts Service exam, and West Bengal Civil Service main exam 2020.
- AIIMS INI CET July 2021 Session: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the INI-CET 2021 examination online at aiimsexams.org on or before March 31, 2021, until 5 pm.
- Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) has released the hall ticket or admit card for MPSC State Services Prelims exam 2020.
- UP Board, will conduct its class 10 (high school) and class 12 (intermediate) examinations-2021 at 729 additional centres spread across the state as compared to last year owing to the Covid pandemic.
- FCI Recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at fci.gov.in on or before March 31, 2021, until 4 pm.
- PSTCL Recruitment 2021: After the application process begins, interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply for the positions online at pstcl.org on or before March 26, 2021.
- JKBOSE class 10 results 2020: Students who have appeared in the JKBOSE class 10 board exams 2020 can check their results online at jkbose.ac.in.
- BHU SET 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the BHU SET 2021 examination online at bhuonline.in on or before March 31, 2021.
- CBSE, ICSE and many other state boards have announced the dates for board examinations and students appearing in the exams must be a anxious lot by now.