WBJEEB to refund application fee for cancelled examination
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) has decided to refund the application fee for the cancelled Presidency University Bachelors Degree Entrance Test (PUBDET), a notification said.
Students’ Federation of India (SFI)-controlled Presidency University Students’ Union and rival Independents’ Consolidation (IC) students’ bodies had demanded immediate refund of Rs 500 taken as application fee from each candidate.
“The PUBDET 2020 examination and counselling which were to be conducted by WBJEEB were cancelled due to the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic. WBJEEB will shortly arrange to refund the application fee for the examination paid by the candidates,” the board said in a notification on Wednesday.
Presidency University Students’ Council (PUSC) president Mimosa Ghorai and other office-bearers had earlier sent a letter to the WBJEEB chairman pointing out that though the cancellation notice had been published on August 13, there was delay in notifying that the amount for the application forms would be refunded to students which would have helped them in the “economically hard times”.
In a separate statement, the IC said, “Following the movement organised by Independents’ Consolidation, The WBJEEB has finally issued an official notification regarding refund of application fee for the cancelled PUBDET examinations”.
The amount will be refunded in the bank account of the student concerned and a message will be sent accordingly, a university source said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- SBI PO results 2021: The State Bank of India (SBI) has declared the result of preliminary examination for the recruitment of probationary officers (PO) in the state-run bank on its official website.
- Meanwhile, at an interaction with students on Monday, Pokhriyal said that students will get more choice in answering questions in JEE and CAT exams this year adding that the syllabus for CBSE exams had already been reduced.
- As per data shared by the education department, 50 students scoring 90% and above were admitted in the first phase that concluded last week, while over 900 students scoring 80% and above confirmed seats in the second phase of FCFS that concluded on Monday.
- The officials should share the Information Education and Communication materials with the school management, the DPH said.
- Candidates who have appeared in the XAT 2021 examination can check their results online at xlri.ac.in.
- Arvind Pandey, minister for school education in the state informed about the decision during a meeting with officials from the school education department at the state secretariat in Dehradun on Monday.
- Candidates who have registered for the NHM UP Recruitment 2021 can download their admit card online at admitcard.samshrm.com.
- Candidates who have appeared in the CSEET examination can check their results online at icsi.edu.
- Candidates who have appeared in the ICSI CSEET examination can check their results online at icsi.edu.
- Candidates who have registered for the recruitment examination can download their hall tickets online at uplegisassemblyrecruitment.in.