Madhu Mantena buys Anurag Kashyap, Vikramditya Motwane, Vikas Bahl's shares in Phantom Films
Almost three years after they announced an end to their joint production venture, Anurag Kashyap, Vikas Bahl and Vikramaditya Motwane have officially exited Phantom Films. Their partner Madhu Mantena is reported to have bought their shares in the production company.
The shares of Anurag, Vikramaditya and Motwane, - 12.5% each, have been bought by Madhu. Phantom Films is now a Joint Venture between Madhu's new company Mad Man Ventures and Reliance Entertainment, both parties holding 50% stakes. Earlier, it was a joint venture between Madhu-Kashyap-Motwane-Bahl (50%) and Reliance Entertainment (50%).
A Times of India report quoted a source as saying, "One thought it was all over for Phantom Films as a brand but Madhu had ideas to keep it alive. He got in touch with Kashyap, Motwane and Bahl and expressed an interest to buy their stakes. The three of them agreed, the modalities were worked out quickly, the deal was made amicably." Madhu has also confirmed the development.
Founded in 2011, Phantom Films has produced many Bollywood films like Queen, Masan, Lootera, Udta Punjab and the likes. It was one of a kind production house with directors in the lead.
Putting an end to speculations Vikramaditya, Anurag and Madhu had shared the news of a healthy end to their journey. Vikramaditya had shared, “Vikas, Madhu, Anurag and I have decided to dissolve our partnership in Phantom and go our separate ways. It’s been the craziest, greatest journey and the most wonderful partnership of my life. My three partners have been my family through thick and thin and I can’t thank them enough for their love and support for the past seven years. I wish them nothing but the best on their individual journeys from here on and hope our paths will cross again in better times.”
Vikas, who was accused of sexual harassment by a former employee of Phantom Films in 2018 and had accused Anurag and Vikramaditya of orchestrating a campaign against him, in order to pin the blame of dismantling the production house. Vikas was later cleared of all charges after an internal probe by Reliance Entertainment.
Anurag had tweeted about the end of Phantom Films in 2018, "And all dreams come to an end. We did our best and we succeeded and we failed, but I know for sure we are all stronger and wiser and will continue to pursue our dreams in our own individual ways."
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.
Indian adaptation underway for Spanish thriller The Cleaning Lady, Siddharth Kumar Tewary reveals details
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.
- Priyanka Chopra has amplified an author's tweet in which she'd shared pictures of yesteryear stars such as Dharmendra, Shammi Kapoor, Biswajit, Sadhna, Saira Banu, Asha Parekh and Sunil Dutt.