Salman Khan confirms three films for theatrical release, says 'We are incomplete without single screens'
Actor Salman Khan has said that he has three films ready for release, adding that single screens and movie theatres complete artists like him. Apart from Radhe Your Most Wanted Bhai that is set to release this Eid, his production house has Antim and Kabhi Eid Kabhi Diwali in the pipeline.
Movie theatres remained shut down for nearly seven months last year after the coronavirus pandemic struck in March. In October, theatres were allowed to open, with 50% capacity. Given the widespread fear of the coronavirus, not many people returned to watch films in theatres. Starting February 1, movie theatres have now been allowed to functions in full capacity with 100% seating.
Salman said, "We already have three films ready for release. The problem with single screens is that not all movies work at single screens. The theatre owners, they own the theatres but now, these single screen theatres look like ...they are as empty as graveyards."
"No one is going to theatres, it is all too quiet and silent. Those who own theatres would obviously want to continue running them. Though, we have seen many theatres shut down due to financial constraints. It is not a good sign. Our business is, we act and make movies. Where do we showcase these movies? They are incomplete without us and we are incomplete without them," he added.
He also said, "Especially because single screens have hold over some of our fan base, they had requested to release Radhe in theatres alone. We had requested them, now that coronavirus is widespread amongst us, and most of us have resumed normal lives. We just want proper precautions when fans come to theatres, like sanitisation etc. So that no one is infected with Covid-19 from the theatres. Younger generation is surviving but the real problem is the elderly, our grandparents. We will feel forever guilty if they were to contract the disease due to our carelessness." Salman added that with the vaccination drive, the country is now moving towards a safer zone with respect to the coronavirus.
He was speaking at the premiere episode shoot of Zee TV's upcoming reality show, the Indian Pro Music League. Salman is a brand ambassador for the show. The show is all set to launch on February 26. Salman was accompanied by, Shraddha Kapoor, Rajkummar Rao, Bobby Deol, Suresh Raina, Karan Wahi, Shaan, Mika Singh, Sajid Khan, Kailash Kher, Javed Ali and Waluscha De Sousa dazzled.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.
Indian adaptation underway for Spanish thriller The Cleaning Lady, Siddharth Kumar Tewary reveals details
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.
- Priyanka Chopra has amplified an author's tweet in which she'd shared pictures of yesteryear stars such as Dharmendra, Shammi Kapoor, Biswajit, Sadhna, Saira Banu, Asha Parekh and Sunil Dutt.