Chilling out gets a new meaning
Eyeing the upwardly mobile clientele, the Haryana Excise policy for the year 2008-09 has offered to provide world-class drinking experience including ice bars to consumers. This is in addition to setting microbreweries, allowing grocery stores to sell imported liquor in malls, extension of bar timings and introduction of miniature bottles. Hoteliers have welcomed the move but expressed concerns like shortage of power that may prove an impediment in its maintenance.
“The idea is to add tourists attractions in Gurgaon, which is on the world map now. The 41st Excise Policy of Haryana aims at being practical and down to earth. Ice bars, for example, would give Antarctica experience in Gurgaon to the people who are well read and well travelled,” said Ashok Sharma, the deputy excise and Taxation commissioner. Many hotels of repute such as Park Plaza, Bristol and others have exhibited their interest in the new concept.
Neeraj Sachdeva, who owns a wine selling company Lakeforest Wines, narrated his experience in an Ice Bar in London. “The visitors get to taste drinks such vodkas, scotches, Cognac and even Tequila shots in glasses made of ice. Special attires as well as boots help tippers bear below-zero temperature inside the bar,” he added.
However, restaurateur and veteran DJ Sunny Sarid, said, “Besides power deficit, oxygen level inside the Ice bars sometime drops to dangerous level and visitors are not allowed more than 15-20 minutes inside such bar.” Manbeer Chaudhary, president of Hotels & Restaurants Association, said the concept would definitely pick up in Gurgaon, as all hotels were dependent on their own captive power plants.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Jonita Gandhi: Music industry is still male dominant and there’s a certain stereotyping that’s happening with women
Akshay Oberoi: Acting is not a sport or a game, you’re just competing with yourself and your last performance
Malavika Mohanan: I find it annoying when people put Bollywood at a higher pedestal than other film industries
- Called a 'truly clueless, uneducated, stupid human being' on Twitter, Kangana Ranaut said that her tweets are intended for 'high IQ people'.
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
- Babil Khan got emotional as he stumbled upon old messages from his father, the late Irrfan Khan, while deleting unnecessary texts from his phone.
- Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.