Hollywood moms popularise prenatal yoga
Numerous mums-to-be A-listers are now turning to prenatal yoga to make labour easier and to stay in shape.
Golden Globe-nominated pregnant January Jones (Mad Men) was reportedly spotted heading to yoga class in Los Angeles and Silver Lake (California) recently.
First time mom Alyssa Milano (Charmed) was seen going to yoga class in Calabasas (California) and Los Angeles sometime back.
Tori Spelling (Saved by the Bell), due with her third child in October, is said to be taking yoga lessons at home.
Golden Globe nominated Jessica Alba (Dark Angel), who recently gave birth to her second child, reportedly said that prenatal yoga really helped her maintain her figure.
She was also quoted as saying, “Prenatal yoga is really good,” and “it really prepares your body”.
Welcoming this prenatal yoga trend, distinguished Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) on Friday, said that yoga was a mental and physical discipline by means of which the human-soul (jivatman) united with universal-soul (parmatman).
He urged the celebrities to explore the spiritual dimension of yoga also besides its physical benefits.
Zed, who is president of Universal Society of Hinduism, further said yoga was one of the six systems of orthodox Hindu philosophy and urged celebrities to take a look at the rest of the five schools also.
Some sages had described yoga as the silencing of all mental transformations, which lead to the total realization of the Supreme Self, he added.
Zed pointed out that according to Patanjali who codified it in Yoga Sutra, yoga was a methodical effort to attain perfection, through the control of the different elements of human nature, physical and psychical.
It is claimed that prenatal yoga keeps limbs toned, improves balance and circulation, helps learning to breathe deeply and relax, and is beneficial during labor and birth. Prenatal yoga is also quoted as “one of the best forms of exercise during pregnancy” and prepares for the birth “by focusing on relaxation and breathing techniques”.
According to the National Institutes of Health, yoga may help one to feel more relaxed, be more flexible, improve posture, breathe deeply, and get rid of stress. According to an estimate, about 16 million Americans, including many celebrities, now practice yoga.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Jayashree Ramaiah, former Bigg Boss contestant and actor, was found dead at her Bengaluru residence on Monday.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.