Meghan Markle, Prince Harry 'uninvited' to Queen Elizabeth's funeral reception | Hollywood - Hindustan Times
close_game
close_game

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'uninvited' to Queen Elizabeth's funeral reception, couple reportedly 'baffled'

Sep 17, 2022 03:08 PM IST

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have been reportedly uninvited from a Buckingham Palace reception hosted by King Charles III ahead of Queen Elizabeth II's funeral on Sunday.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, have reportedly been ‘uninvited’ to the state reception hosted at Buckingham Palace before Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral. A new report has claimed that there has been a mix up with the invitations for the event for the couple, leaving them ‘baffled’. Also read: Fans laud Meghan Markle as she comforts mourner outside Windsor with a hug

FILE - Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Duke and Duchess of Sussex leave after a service of thanksgiving for the reign of Queen Elizabeth II at St Paul's Cathedral in London, on June 3, 2022. (AP Photo)
FILE - Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Duke and Duchess of Sussex leave after a service of thanksgiving for the reign of Queen Elizabeth II at St Paul's Cathedral in London, on June 3, 2022. (AP Photo)

Prince Harry is the grandson of the late queen, the younger son of her son and the new King Charles III. Meghan, a former actor known for her role in Suits, has been married to Harry since 2018. The two are known to have a fraught relationship with the British royal family. In 2020, they stepped down from their positions as royals and relocated to California.

Hindustan Times - your fastest source for breaking news! Read now.

A new report by The Telegraph says that Meghan and Harry “appear to have been uninvited to the state reception at Buckingham Palace” hosted by King Charles and Queen Consort Camilla on Sunday evening. The report adds that “it remains unclear why they had received an invitation for an occasion that Royal aides insisted they were not expected to attend”. The report quoted sources close to Meghan saying the couple was ‘baffled’ by the mix up.

This is not the first ‘mix up’ with Prince Harry in the last few days since the death of Queen Elizabeth. It was reported recently that Harry had been told he couldn’t wear his military uniform at the queen’s final vigil. In the end, King Charles intervened, giving Harry permission to wear his uniform, along with his older brother Prince William. In a statement, Buckingham Palace said “at the King’s request, they will both be in uniform”.

Queen Elizabeth II, Britain’s longest-reigning monarch, died on September 8 at the age of 96. She was Queen of the United Kingdom for over 70 years, ascending to the throne after her father King George VI’s death in 1952.

Get more updates from Bollywood, Hollywood, Musicand Web Seriesalong with Latest Entertainment Newsat Hindustan Times.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Share this article
SHARE
Story Saved
Live Score
OPEN APP
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Sunday, March 03, 2024
Start 14 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Follow Us On