I’m so famous in India: Amy Jackson to British tabloid
If we are to believe the exaggerated account of model-turned-actor Amy Jackson’s fame in an interview to Britain’s The Sun tabloid (published on June 16), she is “taking Bollywood by storm”. She also gets “treated like a princess” and is “in the next three big Bollywood movies”. Baffled? Well, so are we. Here’s some insight on the interview and on Amy’s ‘fame’.
“It is ridiculous — like a mad whirlwind… it’s mad that I’m so famous. I get treated like a princess in India.”
Last we heard, Amy’s Bollywood career had hit a dead end of sorts after Ekk Deewana Tha (EDT). As for the “famous” bit, the little limelight she does get is courtesy alleged boyfriend Prateik’s public displays of affection — when he pulls her towards him with a ‘gamcha’ at the Gangs Of Wasseypur screening or creates some buzz by joking about them being married.
“I was once so terrified of acting… Now I’m in the next big three Bollywood movies.”
See Amy’s track record: her debut film Madrasapattinam (Tamil) released in 2010. For the next two years, she didn’t have any films until she made her Bollywood debut with EDT, that came and went faster than we can say flop. The last time we checked, Bollywood still meant Hindi cinema, but post EDT, Amy’s believed to have signed Thaandavam (Tamil) and Yevadu (Telugu). Industry insiders tell us there’s no new Bollywood film on the horizon for her. So Amy, please solve the “big three” mystery for us.
“We (Prateik and her) are an A-list couple in India. People ask us for photographs and autographs all the time.”
We hope Kareena and Saif are listening. Now, they have got competition! We aren’t even getting into how the two were just “best friends” barely two months ago. As for photographs and autographs, we don’t know anyone who’s been chasing her.
“Foreign girls are not easily accepted… It is racism. It used to upset me but I’ve learnt to get on with it.”
Now there’s racism in Indian films?
And all this while we were fooling ourselves thinking that our filmmakers welcome “foreign girls” like Jacqueline Fernandez, Nargis Fakhri, Bruna Abdullah and Giselli Monteiro. And, Amy... didn’t you just say (in another interview) that “not only the film industry, but also the (Indian) people are more accepting today?” Or was that lost in translation?
PS: We’ve repeatedly been trying to reach you for comments, Amy.
Are Amy Jackson and Prateik living together? That’s what the interview in The Sun suggest. In the past too, there were rumours that Prateik had left his Bandra Bandstand place and moved into her Carter Road apartment. Though the two have always denied moving in together, they have been spotted together at various parties and events.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Eijaz Khan said that he and Pavitra Punia are serious about each other. He added that their families are also involved in their relationship.
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Losing Alice review: Despite a couple of strong performances by Ayelet Zurer and Lihi Kornowski, Apple's Israeli series can't make the most of its promising premise.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Kiku Sharda has dismissed reports that Krushna Abhishek is upset with him over a joke he made on a recent episode of The Kapil Sharma Show.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.