If things go amiss, it makes us more real: Aishwarya
The Bachchan family is busy rehearsing for a perfect world tour from July. But its ethereally beautiful daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai says even if things "go a bit (amiss) here and there" on stage, it only makes the stars real and human.
"You do all that is required professionally to put up an entertaining evening for your fans and well-wishers. But very honestly, my attitude is that I would like to keep it real," Aishwarya told IANS in an interview in Bangkok where she is attending the 9th International Indian Film Academy awards event.
"I love the fact that if things go a bit here and there, it makes us so real and human," said the actress, immaculately clad in a black and white dress.
The Bachchan family is planning a world tour titled The Unforgettable from July that will go on till next year.
"It's incredible, the connection with fans, because they never allow you to see them let you down or you letting them down. It is great when it is real and human.
"That's the difference between in-person interaction through our stage shows as opposed to that on celluloid and an audience sitting in a theatre and watching," said the beauty queen-turned-actress who was a showstopper here.
The tour will have Amitabh Bachchan, his son Abhishek, Riteish Deshmukh and Preity Zinta. While Akshay Kumar will join them for the inaugural evening in Toronto July 18, Madhuri Dixit will perform in the US and Shilpa Shetty in Britain.
"We are excited about the guest stars as it makes it novel. In my experience it has never happened before. We are getting guest acts and it is going to be fun for the audiences as well."
She also said that they are trying to live up to the expectations of fans.
"The tour is something extensive and we have been working on it for a while. Through the fan mails and interactions with well- wishers, we get to know what people are looking forward to, apart from the most endearing part of our cinema - song and dance."
She said the audience is the true star.
"Their energy throughout the evening is unbelievable. We don't perform continuously as different artistes are performing and we have our acts, but the audiences are up on their feet throughout and that's what keeps the energy of the whole show."
On the fans who have been following her everywhere, she said: "Our people are very, very loving as you have seen over here.
"Our people come everywhere, be it an event or a film shoot. Yes, the numbers are different. At a stage show it is an entire venue and at a film shoot it is smaller. But our people give us an audience at all the different locations. There is a statistics - one in six is Indian. We are everywhere."
She feels the unforgettable tour will continue the momentum that Indian cinema has gained in recent times.
"It is going to continue the ongoing momentum and going to keep it as strong as it already is. Like always, I keep reiterating that media plays an important role in our lives and in our attempt to reach the people. We are thankful to the media for giving us that kind of reach."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Prakash Raj is the latest addition to the cast of Mani Ratnam's ambitious period drama Ponniyin Selvan. The two first worked together in Iruvar in 1997.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Kavita Kaushik took a dig at Rubina Dilaik while saying that she deserves to win the Bigg Boss 14 trophy. Earlier, Kavita walked out of the show after a nasty fight with Rubina.
- Filmmaker-actor Divya Khosla Kumar has spoken about her journey, and how she didn't want to join the film industry when she first moved to Mumbai.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a review of Tandav, which said that Dimple Kapadia 'upstaged' her co-star Saif Ali Khan. While Twinkle praised Saif's performance as well, she said that 'mama bear is still the best'.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao isn't over his obsession with Shah Rukh Khan. He has often spoken about his love for SRK.
- Sidharth Shukla watched the first three episodes of Tandav and praised the show. He also gave a shout-out to Gauahar Khan and said that he loved her performance.
- As actors Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan prepare to move into their house, their designer gave an insight into all the amenities the new home will have.
- Did you know that Pranutan Bahl and Kajol are related? Here's what the young actor has to say about her equation with 'Kajol bua'.