Rekha’s Rajya Sabha debut causes a stir
Veteran actor Rekha, who took oath in Rajya Sabha as a Member of Parliament on Tuesday, caused a near stampede at the venue, with a number of photographers trying to click her, and many crowding around to get a glimpse of the actor.entertainment Updated: May 16, 2012 15:24 IST
Veteran actor Rekha, who took oath in Rajya Sabha as a Member of Parliament on Tuesday, caused a near stampede at the venue, with a number of photographers trying to click her, and many crowding around to get a glimpse of the actor.
Rekha arrived at gate number 12 in MP Rajeev Shukla’s official Ambassador car with him in the front seat and her secretary Farzana beside her, but seeing the rush, refused to step out till the car was taken to gate number 4 of Parliament.
Vice President Hamid Ansari administered the oath to the 57-year-old Bollywood actor, dressed in a simple off white sari, far from her fancy bright Kaanjivarams, with her hair tied back in a neat bun in a deviation from her loose hair and heavy makeup. She was also seen turning away from photographers who mobbed her car.
The online world was amused to see the cameras focus on Rajya Sabha MP, actor Jaya Bachchan, when Rekha, her husband Amitabh Bachchan’s ex-flame took the oath in what appeared like a well-prepared moment.
* Rekha just took oath as Rajya Sabha MP. Sachin has again slowed down before reaching this milestone @Faking News
* Rekha enters the Rajya Sabha, thereby joining Hema, Sushma & Jaya in politics. Nirma must be very happy @Ramesh Srivats
* Don’t know about jaya , but happy is the man who gets to sit next to Rekha @tarvi
* Why are they showing Jaya Bhaduri’s face when Rekha swore in-come on media this is not ‘Silsila’ this is plain silly @Meedana
* Rajya Sabha-filmfare awards. Same. Jaya Bachchan making weird faces as Rekha goes on the stage @wickedjuliet