Rubina Dilaik opens up about winning Bigg Boss 14 despite Salman Khan's regular criticisms: 'It used to be difficult'
- Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik has spoken about how she emerged victorious on the show, despite facing host Salman Khan's criticisms every week.
Actor Rubina Dilaik, who won Bigg Boss 14 on Sunday, has spoken about being regularly singled out for criticism by host Salman Khan on the show. Rubina's fans united in her support after Salman scolded her during a Weekend Ka Vaar episode.
Rubina said in an interview that being pulled up every week 'was difficult' initially, but she learned to take the criticisms in her stride.
She told The Times of India, "It used to be difficult but there was always a learning spirit inside me. I always keep a zeal to learn new things especially when I am not aware about it. So I’ve always kept this in my mind that in the journey of Bigg Boss 14 feedback of Salman Khan sir will be the most important thing for me. Good or bad I will take it and I will polish my way and move ahead in the game."
Rubina edged out Rahul Vaidya, Nikki Tamboli, Rakhi Sawant and Aly Goni in Sunday's grand finale of the reality show. In her statement after being crowned the champion, she said, "No amount of prep-work, mental strength or advice from former contestants or winners can actually get you ready for life inside the Bigg Boss house. Not only me, but I am certain almost everyone will agree to this. This house can make you or break you and I am glad that I mustered the strength to power through it all."
Rubina's fans were up in arms after one particular episode, when Salman singled her out. Salman advised Rubina to not use his name to attract eyeballs. He said, “Main aapka competition nahi hoon, main aapka host hoon, aap mere ghar mein reh rahe ho. Toh please, iss galatfemi mein mat rehein, kyunki yeh galatfemi ka gubaara aapke sar pe phootega (I am not your competitor, I am your host, you’re staying in my house. So please, be aware of this, otherwise your plans might backfire)."
Rubina had complained to Bigg Boss that she did not appreciate Salman referring to her husband, Abhinav Shukla, as ‘samaan (baggage)'. “I feel utterly disrespected, I believe in mutual respect and I cannot function and work at a place where I feel disrespected,” she had said, as Bigg Boss tried to get her to change her mind about wanting to quit.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In a new video, Rahul Vaidya revealed that he learnt how to make caramelised eggs from Aly Goni, knead dough from Jasmin Bhasin and even Rakhi Sawant taught him how to cook some dish.
- Shehnaaz Gill said that she was not affected by the acid attack threats she got and the doctored videos made of her. She said that she is only gaining 'sympathy' in the process.
- Mahhi Vij, in a lengthy note, responded to accusations that she and Jay Bhanushali do not love their foster children Khushi and Rajveer as much as their biological daughter Tara.
- After promising a surprise to her fans, Jasmin Bhasin and Aly Goni have revealed first look of their music video together. Check out the first poster.
- Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Pavitra Punia and Eijaz Khan came together for Naina Singh's birthday bash on Friday.
- Anita Hassanandani has shared two cute videos on her Instagram Stories in which she can be seen pampering her son, Aaravv.
- Rubina Dilaik was extremely angry and fought with Rakhi Sawant when she got to know about the incident. Abhinav has now said that the reaction made him feel a 'sense of belonging'.
- Rakhi Sawant took to Instagram to share a video of herself doing various household chores. She complained that Bigg Boss made her a 'grihani (housewife)'.
- Kavita Kaushik called out a man for sending her abusive messages on Instagram. As he apologised to her, she exposed the ‘reality of sher dil men of our country’.
- Rahul Vaidya confirms he will marry Disha Parmar soon in an intimate ceremony. He had proposed marriage to her on national TV last year on her birthday.