Anushka Sharma loves red: Her best statement-making outfits in her favourite colour
Actor Anushka Sharma looked every inch a newly-wed at her reception in Delhi on Thursday. Wearing a Benarasi sari designed by Sabyasachi Mukherjee, the lady in red showed off her penchant for the bold hue. We look back on some of her red-hot looks.Updated: Dec 22, 2017 15:42 IST
And we’ve noticed that Mrs Virat Kohli — she married the cricketer in a stunning destination wedding in Tuscany, Italy on December 11 — has a bit of a thing for deep shades of crimson, and always looks stunning in the colour. Proving that Anushka in red is a sight we’re used to, the actor was recently spotted at the Indian Sports Honours red carpet making a statement in her bold red pantsuit.
From owning magazine covers in her skin-tight scarlet-hued dress with a thigh-high slit to killing it in a totally chic head-to-toe rose-coloured power suit on the red carpet, we look back on some of Anushka’s best red dresses over the years.
(All photos: Instagram)
1. Anushka proved her fashion credentials as she wowed at her engagement ceremony in December, 2017, wearing a velvet sari in Sabyasachi’s signature ‘gulkand burgundy’ hue. The lightly embellished drape was hand-embroidered with miniature pearls, zardozi and marori.
2. Anushka picked a bold red pantsuit by Nikhil Thampi for the Indian Sports Honours Awards in November, 2017. Her pantsuit, featuring flared trousers and a belted jacket, elongated and flattered her frame.
3. For a movie promotion in August, 2017, the actor got experimental and pulled off an all-red, all-velvet pantsuit like a boss. She finished her look off with a pair of black flats, making it perfect for an evening outing.
4. Anushka proved that if you want to cause a show-stopping moment, wear red. She pulled off modern elegance with ease in this radiant Gauri and Nainika floor-grazing gown at IFFA 2015.
5. Anushka dialled up the sex appeal in a berry-hued gown at the Screen Awards 2012. Not many people could get away with this Bibhu Mohapatra dress, but she definitely did.
6. This was easily one of the best magazine covers from Anushka. The actor managed to mix sexy with elegance perfectly in this off-shoulder red silk slit dress with a side slit on the GQ India cover in December, 2016.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Dec 22, 2017 15:42 IST