Gurgaon: Toddler dies after falling into bucketful of scalding hot water
A two-year-old girl died after she accidentally fell into a bucketful of hot water at her home in Tikli village of Badshahpur in Gurgaon outskirts, police said on MondayUpdated: Dec 05, 2016 16:52 IST
A two-year-old girl died after she accidentally fell into a bucketful of scalding hot water at her home in Tikli village of Badshahpur on Gurgaon outskirts, the police said on Monday.
The incident took place at 9 am on Sunday when the girl, Harshita, was playing outside the living room. The hot water bucket was left unattended in the bathroom by the mother when the accident took place, the police said. The water was meant for her father to take bath.
Her father Lokesh, a farmer, mother and younger brother were inside the house at the time of the incident. The mother after putting the bucket of water in the bathroom got busy with other chores, the police said. The girl was playing inside the living room and sneaked into the bathroom.
The police said the girl accidentally fell into the bucket. After struggling for life for several hours, the two-year-old succumbed to burn injuries at a private hospital on Sunday night.
“She was trying to stand on her head and fell into the bucket without realising that the water was boiling hot,” the father told the police.
Hearing her screams, the mother and other family members rushed to the bathroom. The shocked mother and relatives rushed the girl to a nearby private hospital. Doctors told them she had suffered 70% burns and died soon after.
“She died a few hours later at the hospital. We have not booked anyone in the case,” said inspector Arvind Kumar, station house officer, Badshahpur police station.