WATCH: Salma Hayek's nude Desperado scene that made her cry
Salma Hayek has revealed that she cried before filming nude scenes with Antonio Banderas for her 1992 movie Desperado. The Mexican American film actress says she cried because she was worried about what her parents would think when they saw her on screen.
“It was my first chance at an American film and I knew I had to take it,” Contactmusic quoted the Mexican beauty as telling The Sun newspaper.
“In Desperado, I had great difficulty doing the love scene with Antonio Banderas. I actually cried,” she said.
“I didn’t want to be naked in front of a camera and kept on thinking, ‘What will my mother and father think about this?’” she added.
Even though the movie became a cult hit and launched Hayek’s career, the 46-year-old actress, who’s English was not so great at the time, admitted that she initially thought the film had flopped and critics were blaming her for it.
“When the movie came out the critics were saying, ‘Salma Hayek is a bombshell’,” she said."I was confused because I thought they were saying that the movie had ‘bombed’, as in failed, and it was all my fault," she added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Armie Hammer was contacted by the Cayman Islands police after they received a complaint about a video he posted on a private Instagram account. The video showed a woman posing on all-fours in a hotel room.
- The White Tiger movie review: Adarsh Gourav delivers a star-making performance in Ramin Bahrani's angry answer to Slumdog Millionaire, co-starring Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Rajkummar Rao.
- Actor Tom Holland spoke about the arduous audition process for Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the time he thought he'd be fired from the role.
- A life-size cutout of Ana de Armas was trashed outside Ben Affleck's house, amid reports of their breakup.
- Joe and Anthony Russo are bringing their Marvel Cinematic Universe experience to fleshing out the Extraction franchise, director Sam Hargrave has said.
- Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have welcomed their second child, a year after he publicly apologised for inappropriate behaviour amid cheating rumours.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.
- One Night in Miami movie review: Debutante director Regina King extracts terrific performances from her four leading men, in a high-concept drama about power and responsibility.