We Can Be Heroes trailer: Priyanka Chopra rounds up a team of pre-teen superheroes to save the world. Watch here
Actor Priyanka Chopra on Friday shared the trailer for the first of her two upcoming Netflix projects, We Can Be Heroes. She plays the antagonist in the children’s superhero film, directed by Robert Rodriguez.
We Can Be Heroes is a standalone sequel of the director’s earlier work, The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D. “Power comes in all sizes and it arrives on Christmas Day! These amazing kids have a secret weapon - Teamwork,” Priyanka wrote in an Instagram post sharing the trailer. “It brought a different energy on set and is the life of this film. So while you wait for Santa, it’s time to sit back and let these incredible kids show you how to be a HERO! Are you in? We Can Be Heroes, directed by Robert Rodriguez is now coming to Netflix globally this Christmas.”
In the film, Priyanka plays Ms Granada, the chief of an organisation of superheroes. But when the heroes are captured by alien invaders, the responsibility to save them, and the world, falls on the shoulders of their children.
We Can Be Heroes also stars Pedro Pascal, Christian Slater, YaYa Gosselin, Akira Akbar, Andrew Diaz, Andy Walken, Boyd Holbrook, Hala Finley, Isaiah Russell-Bailey, Lotus Blossom, Lyon Daniels, Nathan Blair, Sung Kang, Vivien Lyra Blair, Adriana Barraza and Christopher McDonald.
Priyanka is currently shooting for a new project in London, and recently completed filming Matrix 4 in Germany. She will also star in and produce a biopic of Osho’s controversial aide, Maa Anand Sheela, and along with husband Nick Jonas, produce a reality series based on the pre-wedding ceremony of Sangeet. She will also star in a romantic comedy co-written by Mindy Kaling. Priyanka recently signed a multimillion-dollar deal with Amazon Prime Video, which will allow her to create content in a variety of languages and formats. Her other Netflix film is an adaptation of Arvind Adiga’s The White Tiger, due out in January.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Tom Holland spoke about the arduous audition process for Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the time he thought he'd be fired from the role.
- A life-size cutout of Ana de Armas was trashed outside Ben Affleck's house, amid reports of their breakup.
- Joe and Anthony Russo are bringing their Marvel Cinematic Universe experience to fleshing out the Extraction franchise, director Sam Hargrave has said.
- Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have welcomed their second child, a year after he publicly apologised for inappropriate behaviour amid cheating rumours.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.
- One Night in Miami movie review: Debutante director Regina King extracts terrific performances from her four leading men, in a high-concept drama about power and responsibility.
- Bruce Willis was clicked without a mask at a pharmacy in Los Angeles on Monday. He later said that it was an 'error in judgment'.
- First footage from high-profile upcoming films starring Chris Hemsworth, Leonardo DiCaprio, Dwayne Johnson, Melissa McCarthy, Amy Adams, and others, has been revealed by Netflix.