45 students take ill due to food poisoning in Purnia
45 students of a madrasa take ill due to suspected food poisoning in Purnia. While 44 students were undergoing treatment at the madrasa itself, one student had been referred to the sadar hospital.india Updated: Mar 06, 2017 12:57 IST
As many as 45 students of a residential minority seminary were taken ill due to suspected food poisoning in Bihar’s Purnia district, a medical officer said on Monday.
The incident took place at Jamia Milia Bada Madrasa at Dagarua Bazar late Sunday evening as 45 students reported symptoms of vomitting and loose motion soon after having dinner at the residential school, civil surgeon Dr MM Wasim said.
A doctor from the block hospital was initially called but soon after a medical team comprising doctors and four ambulances from sadar hospital, reached there to begin treatment of the ailing students, he said.
While 44 students were undergoing treatment at the madrasa itself, one student had been referred to the sadar hospital in view of his serious condition, Wasim said.
The civil surgeon said that food poisoning was suspected to be the cause of sudden illness of 45 madrasa students.
Meanwhile, the Baisi sub-divisional officer (SDO) Anil Kumar has expressed ignorance about the incident.
When asked as to what action the local administration proposed to take into the food poisoning incident, he said that he was trying to find out the facts of the matter from madrasa officials.
First Published: Mar 06, 2017 12:57 IST