Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal’s helicopter makes emergency landing
A helicopter with Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on board made an emergency landing at the Lilabari Airport in Lakhimpur, reported news agency ANI.
Media reports say the helicopter encountered inclement weather and was forced into landing.
The chief minister was travelling from Guwahati to Narayanpur town for an event when his helicopter ran into trouble. All seven people, including the CM, on board are reported to be safe.
This is the second incident of the day involving a helicopter.
Earlier today, six people had a miraculous escape when their helicopter crash-landed in Kedarnath.
During take off, the helicopter damaged its tail at the helipad in Rudraprayag district on Monday. The helicopter couldn’t balance itself during take off due to which its tail was hit and it was grounded
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Court-appointed amicus curiae senior advocate Siddhartha Dave prepared a chart indicating unsatisfactory response from states as well with some proposing to achieve compliance of Court’s December 2, 2020 order by end of 2023.
- The judgment, which involved approximately ₹500 crore in tax revenue, will impact companies such as IBM India Ltd, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, Hewlett Packard India, Mphasis Ltd, Sonata Software Ltd, and GE India, among others.
- The girl's family lodged a complaint three day after she went missing.
- Shubhendu Shubham, 23, a 2016-batch student of Patna’s Nalanda Medical College Hospital (NMCH), had taken the first shot of Covaxin in the first week of February, but tested positive for the viral infection later last month before he could take the second shot
- For the past 13 days, the Durga-Nag market at Dalgate in Srinagar has been desolate and locals and traders in grief
- TMC’s leader in the Rajya Sabha Derek O, Brien asked the Election Commission to stop the Prime Minister "from taking unfair advantages and undue publicity at tax payer’s cost during the conduct of elections".
- Ghulam Nabi Azad detractors and supporters in the Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Committee accused each other of acting at the behest of the BJP.
- Jailed Assam leader urges parties to put up common candidates against BJP
- The capacity of major ports which was around 870 million tonnes per annum in 2014 has increased to around 1550 million tonnes per annum now, the Prime Minister said.