Written by Joydeep Bose, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 28, 2021 01:02 PM IST
Assam-Mizoram border situation: Cachar police said that the situation is tense and talks are being held at the senior level. Only residents of the area are being allowed to leave, he said.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Harshit Sabarwal | Edited by Avik Roy, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 27, 2021 10:25 PM IST
The order issued by the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) said two districts, including Golaghat and Lakhimpur, will remain under total containment zone owing to high Covid-19 positivity rate.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Harshit Sabarwal | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 27, 2021 05:22 PM IST
“The state government of Assam expresses its profound sorrow at the sad demise of five Assam Police personnel and one civilian at Lailapur of Cachar district while defending the borders of Assam on July 26, 2021. As a mark of respect to the departed souls, the Government of Assam has declared state mourning for three days with effect from July 27,” an official order said.
Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Avik Roy, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JUL 27, 2021 06:48 PM IST
Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma also said that commando battalions would be deployed in Cachar, Karimganj and Hailakand districts bordering Mizoram amid clashes that led to the deaths of six police personnel.
By Biswa Kalyan Purkayastha and Utpal Parashar, Silchar/guwahati
UPDATED ON JUL 27, 2021 12:33 AM IST
Violence broke out at the Assam-Mizoram border shared by Cachar district's Lailapur and Kolasib district’s Vairengte around 11.30am over allegations of encroachment.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 26, 2021 07:34 PM IST
Written by Shankhyaneel Sarkar | Edited by Avik Roy, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JUL 26, 2021 08:36 PM IST
- Shah asked both chief ministers, Sarma and Zoramthanga to cordially sort out the issue. Police personnel have withdrawn from the disputed site.
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 24, 2021 06:35 AM IST
The northeastern states include Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, and Sikkim. Among these states, Assam has reported boundary conflicts with Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Mizoram.
PTI | | Posted by Shanza Khan
PUBLISHED ON JUL 23, 2021 07:17 PM IST
The boundary commission’s formation came at a time when Mizoram and Assam ahead of a visit by Home Minister Amit Shah to the northeast to try and sort out the various border disputes.
Written by Shankhyaneel Sarkar | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 23, 2021 04:59 PM IST
- Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma earlier this week said that the situation along the interstate border with Mizoram is ‘fragile’.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 21, 2021 07:28 AM IST
The Assam government on Monday made the Covid-19 test mandatory for all passengers entering the state from other North-Eastern region due to the rising number of cases in the neighbouring states, a notification issued by the Health and Family Welfare department said.
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON JUL 20, 2021 06:59 PM IST
- Remember Sara Ali Khan’s visit to Assam’s Kamakhya Temple last week in a white cotton kurta and palazzo set? Mira Rajput recreates the same ethnic style with an embroidered dupatta to nail the Nirma ad look in a fun way and we are absolutely loving the desi vibes
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Avik Roy, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 20, 2021 03:25 PM IST
Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma said 1,000-odd youths would visit the lower parts of the state and supply contraceptives among the Muslims to check population explosion.
Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JUL 19, 2021 04:27 PM IST
- The five districts will witness a curfew round the clock, and there will be a complete ban on movement of public and private transport as well.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 18, 2021 07:43 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Karan Manral, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 18, 2021 05:33 PM IST
Assam topped the list with 54 cases, while Jharkhand and Haryana reported 40 and 31 cases respectively, according to data shared by the Union home ministry.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Ayshee Bhaduri | Edited by Sohini Goswami, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JUL 16, 2021 12:58 PM IST
- The use of sex-sorted semen allows the sex of the offspring to be pre-determined.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 15, 2021 09:13 AM IST
- Assam cabinet minister Pijush Hazarika said that if the move becomes successful, it will be expanded to the entire state.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Susmita Pakrasi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 13, 2021 06:51 AM IST
- The District Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) chairman issued an order on Monday, which said that all grocery shops, retail shops, vegetable and fruit vendors, except pharmacy and milk vending points, will remain closed on July 13 and 14 in Golaghat.
UPDATED ON JUL 12, 2021 11:24 AM IST
By Smriti Kak Ramachandran, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JUL 12, 2021 03:38 AM IST
In 2018, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat pitched for a common law to ensure “demographic balance”.
By Utpal Parashar, Guwahati
PUBLISHED ON JUL 11, 2021 01:00 AM IST
“Love jihad doesn’t only mean a Muslim cheating a Hindu. It could happen among Hindus as well. If a Hindu boy uses dubious means to entrap and marry a Hindu girl that is also a form of ‘love jihad’,” Sarma told reporters on the sidelines of an event to mark completion of two months of his government.
By Utpal Parashar, Guwahati
PUBLISHED ON JUL 11, 2021 12:04 AM IST
The decision to form the ‘indigenous faiths and culture’ department was taken at a special cabinet meeting held to mark completion of two months of the new government and ahead of next week’s budget session of the assembly.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Poulomi Ghosh
PUBLISHED ON JUL 10, 2021 04:00 PM IST
Assam and Uttar Pradesh are taking steps to bring in two-child policies in the states, which will limit government benefits to people with only two children.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 09, 2021 03:47 PM IST
- PHED Assam JE Recruitment 2021:Public Health Engineering Department ( PHED ) Assam has invited applications for the various posts of Junior Engineer (JE) civil posts.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Susmita Pakrasi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 07, 2021 07:46 AM IST
- Sivasagar and Dibrugarh districts will be kept under a strict vigil for the next one week by the authorities, Mahanta said.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Meenakshi Ray, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 06, 2021 01:41 PM IST
Other restrictions, including the odd-even formula for plying of vehicles, declaration of containment zones etc, and exemptions as notified in the order of June 26 will continue to remain in force.
UPDATED ON JUL 05, 2021 01:45 AM IST
On June 18, Sarma proposed formulation of a stringent population policy and gradual implementation of the two-child norm for availing government benefits in Assam. The chief minister on Tuesday said that the policy was the only way to eradicate poverty and illiteracy in the Muslim community in the state.
By Trisha Sengupta
PUBLISHED ON JUL 01, 2021 05:51 PM IST
After being rescued, the leopard was released back into the wild.
UPDATED ON JUL 01, 2021 10:13 AM IST
- The registration for Assam polytechnic admission test (PAT) 2021 has been extended till July 20.