If madam wants, she can pay for my treatment, says cop mocked by Shobhaa De
A policeman who was fat-shamed by writer Shobhaa De on Twitter spoke out on Wednesday and said that his 180-kilo weight was due to an insulin imbalance, “not because I overeat”.
De posted a photograph of Daulatram Jogawat with the caption, ‘heavy police bandobast in Mumbai today’ but was soon panned by many users.
Jogawat is an inspector with the Madhya Pradesh police and is posted at Neemuch police lines.
“It (his weight) is due to my illness that I am so fat, and not due to overeating. I had gall bladder operation in 1993 and I developed insulin imbalance which resulted in my obesity”, Jogawat told HT.
Perhaps hurt by De’s taunt, he said: “If madam wants, she can pay for my treatment. Who doesn’t want to be thin?”
Soon after Shobhaa De’s tweet, the Mumbai police tweeted back saying the cop did not belong to their force.
Neemuch SP Manoj Kumar Singh said though Jogawat is obese, he is dedicated towards his duty and his investigations have often won praise from the court. “He also performed creditably during the rigorous Simhasta in Ujjain for a month,” the SP added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- This will be the first of the many public meetings Adityanath is scheduled to address in Bengal where the BJP is looking to unseat the led TMC.
- "Toll collection through electronic tolling has reached 93 per cent during the last fortnight after the FASTag was made mandatory," Gadkari said.
- The senior citizen said he would return on Tuesday with his wife on Tuesday o she could be administered her vaccine.
- The AAP has already announced it would contest the 2022 Uttar Pradesh assembly.
- A forest official said the big cat was five to six years old.
- The JD (U) organised programmes at every village across the state as Vikas Diwas to highlight the development work done under Nitish Kumar in the last 15 years.