Three fresh Covid-19 cases detected in West Bengal, all are women
Three more fresh Covid-19 cases were detected in West Bengal on Saturday taking the total number of positive coronavirus cases in the state to 18, said a state official.
Test Results of at least 22 patients, who are presently quarantined in various hospitals, were still awaited till reports last came in. Till date only one person, a 57-year-old man, has died in the state.
Two of the three women who tested positive on Saturday were from an extended family. While one is 76-year-old, another is 56-year-old. The duo came in touch with a previously identified Covid-19 patient, who is presently undergoing treatment in a private hospital in Kolkata.
“The duo was also in hospital quarantine over the past few days,” said a top official of the state health department.
The third woman identified with the disease late Saturday evening was a resident of a north Bengal district. Further details of the case were awaited.
More than 35,000 people were under home and hospital quarantine in the state till Saturday. Till Friday the number of people quarantined was around 25,000. At least 68 fresh patients were admitted in various hospitals on Saturday.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- With Shah’s entry, the Apni party now has a foothold in south Kashmir's urban areas of Anantnag town.
- ‘Maitri Setu’ bridge which spans 1.9 kilometres joining Sabroom in India with Ramgarh in Bangladesh, has been built over Feni river which flows between Indian boundary in Tripura and Bangladesh.
- A boost for Atma Nirbhar Bharat campaign, AIP-fitted submarines remain sub-surface for a longer period and are quieter than nuclear-powered submarines.
- Among the key highlights, the budget is expected to have a special allocation for free Covid-19 vaccination at Delhi government hospitals.
- The Gender Budget Statement is proposed to be prepared in two parts. Part A- reflecting schemes that are 100% targeted towards women and girl beneficiaries; and Part B- reflecting Pro-women and girl schemes in which 30 to 99% allocations are towards women and girls.
- If the Supreme Court's five-judge bench accepts that the judgment in Indra Sawhney case should be modified, the case will have to be referred to an 11-judge bench.