Three-year-old girl’s body found at a field in Bihar, police suspect rape
The body of a three-year-old girl was recovered on Sunday from a field in Paar village of Bihar’s Samastipur district, a police officer said.
Prima facie, it seems the girl was raped and killed last evening, Deputy Superintendent of Police Kundan Kumar said.
The toddler’s family members had approached the police on Saturday after her mother claimed that a man, known to them, had taken the child away from her by force when she was tending to goats in the fields, Kumar said.
A police team that immediately launched a search operation, on the basis of the complaint, found her body in the field, next to a pond, this morning, he clarified.
“We have launched a hunt to nab the accused, who is on the run. We will try and solve the case as early as possible,” the officer said, adding that the girl’s body has been sent for post-mortem to Samastipur Sadar Hospital.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Uttarakhand's Urban Development Minister Madan Kaushik said green bonus was a major demand of the state for conserving about 71% of its total area.
- The CJI was candid to admit that those appointed to a committee were free to express their views on the subject on which they have been called to consider.
- The BKU said committee will tour US Nagar district to ensure farmers participation with their tractors in Delhi on Republic Day .
- The BJP leader said the Congress is not interested in resolving the issues pertaining to the farmers and Gandhi’s media address a day before the government and the farmers’ meet shows that the party does not want the talks to be successful.
- The rhino had moved out of the Kaziranga National Park and Tiger Reserve on January 16 at Jakahalabandha area of Kaliabor.
- The glitches in the CoWIN application have affected the vaccination drive in Rajasthan. The second day of the inoculation program saw 11,288 health workers of the 68.7% of targeted beneficiaries, which works out to 5 percentage points less than the first day.
- Biotic interference in Nongkhyllem Wildlife Sanctuary has been significantly reduced, zonation has been done in terms of core and buffer zones and it has a duly notified eco-sensitive zone