Trend Alert #NeverForgetNeverForgive, #FarmersProtest, #SaraAliKhan, Jadeja, #SCOTUS and all the top trends
Here are the top trends of the day which capture the buzz on the social media. Know all about the trending topics and related news updates from Hindustan Times.
The 12th anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks was observed on Thursday as the nation remembered the martyrs. Social media users called out the Pakistan-based terror outfit responsible for the brutal strikes that claimed 170 lives. #PakTerrorState also trended amid reports of Jamat-ud-Dawa (JuD) planning special prayers for the 10 terrorists who carried out the terror attacks. Read more
Opposition leaders and activists tweeted in solidarity with farmers as they marched to Delhi to protest against agricultural reforms. Police used water cannons and tear gas shells to disperse protesting farmers headed to Delhi as they tried to break through barricades at Sadopur border in Ambala. Thousands of vehicles remained stranded on National Highway-44 as the police blocked a stretch of 15km near Karnal. Read more
Actor Sara Ali Khan trended on Twitter after a new poster for her upcoming movie Coolie No. 1 was unveiled. It features Varun in multiple, colourful disguises, carrying Sara Ali Khan on his back. The film’s trailer will be released on Saturday, November 28. The shooting finished in February but the producers were biding their time, hoping for the situation to get better and aim for a theatrical release. Read more
Social media users from around the world shared what they are thankful for as they celebrated Thanksgiving. It is a day reserved primarily for offering thanks and acknowledging the sacrifices and blessings of the past year. Most families who live away from each other make it a point to get together and celebrate all the blessings of the past years and eat a grand meal together. Read more
Ahead of the One Day International match between India and Australia on November 27, cricket fans shared their dream teams. Indian cricket commentator and former cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar picked Kuldeep Yadav but remarked that Virat Kohli would pick Ravindra Jadeja. Social media users quickly latched on the issue and argued that Jadeja deserves the place in the ODI team.
During a virtual address to legislative presiding officers from all across India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi pitched his One Nation, One Election plan. He stressed that the plan is not just a matter of debate, but a requirement for India. One Nation, One Election has been a key electoral reform pushed by the NDA government but has met with stiff opposition from rival parties. Read more
US Supreme Court blocked New York Governor Andrew Cuomo from enforcing Covid-19 restrictions which limited the number of people attending religious services. On the night before Thanksgiving, newly-inducted Justice Amy Coney Barrett sided with her conservative colleagues to block the restriction amid a surge in coronavirus across the country. Barrett recently replaced justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a liberal judge, in a lifetime seat on the top court. Read more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In view of high active caseload the state had sought more vials in the first stage but it was told that in the second stage more vials will be given. Once lauded for its Covid-19 management, now Kerala is the virus hotspot of the country.
- The two countries will also work together in the field of telecom security, submarine optical fibre cable system to islands of India.
- Nepal is looking to India to provide vaccines as grant assistance for the first phase of its vaccination programme, which requires 12 million doses to cover 20% of its population. Nepal also plans to buy millions of doses from foreign suppliers, including SII and Bharat Biotech.
- Chief minister Edappadi Palaniswami will participate in the vaccination drive tomorrow in Madurai where a sanitary worker of a hospital is expected to receive the first shot.
- The Bihar chief minister reassured that the state’s law and order situation is stable and promised a speedy trial.
- Tomar also attacked Congress president Sonia Gandhi over her party’s stand on the laws. He said that both leaders should clarify if they were lying about these reforms in their election manifesto.
- The army chief said India had given a fitting response to the (Chinese) conspiracy to unilaterally change the status quo in the Ladakh theatre where the Indian Army and the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) have deployed more than 100,000 combat-ready soldiers and advanced weaponry.
- The EC said that the victimisation creates an atmosphere of fear that conveys to the upright, steadfast and sincere officers that they can be “taken to task anytime”.