Vaccination drive kicks off in Goa, 700 recipients on the first day
Ranganath Bhoji, a Goa Medical College and Hospital employee, became the first person to get Covid-19 vaccination in Goa on Saturday. He was chosen through a draw of lots among the 2,000 health workers registered for vaccination at the state’s premier research institute.
“Ranganath Bhoji was among the first persons to be deputed to work in the Covid-19 wards…set up last year,” S M Bandekar, the college dean said.
Union minister Prakash Javadekar and Goa chief minister Pramod Sawant, who oversaw the launch of the vaccination drive in the state, offered Bhoji flowers and congratulated him after the vaccination.
The vaccination drive has been launched at seven centres in Goa with 700 health workers scheduled to be vaccinated on the first day. As many as 11,000 people have been identified to be vaccinated in the first round of the drive. Around 19,000 frontline workers have registered to be vaccinated.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A Reuters report quoting unnamed officials stated that at least 19 Myanmarese policemen have crossed over to the Indian side through border areas in Serchip and Champhai districts
- Those entering India can be granted refugee status, but they will be deported if the government decides against it
- The 50-odd pages document, anchored by the national security adviser’s office, is now awaiting the approval from the Prime Minister’s office before it is released.
- Delhi, which gave shots to 1,679 people per million population in the second phase till Wednesday night, was in the second spot, while Odisha (1,283 doses per million) was third
- The scenes that caused offence have since been deleted, and the makers as well as the OTT company have apologised.
- The medical fitness team of the Army tested close to 615 women SSC officers entitled for permanent commission, following the apex court judgment, on five counts: psychiatry, height, appendage (bone structure), physical and eye and ear.
- The EOL report has calculated its overall scores on the basis of four parameters: quality of life, economic ability, sustainability and citizen perception.
- Bengaluru, India’s technology capital, is an economic powerhouse on account of the presence of some of the world’s largest corporations.
- K Surendran, the state BJP president who made the original announcement claimed he was quoted out of context.
- The biosphere reserve spread over an area of 5569 sq km contributes 38% of the total protected area network in Odisha. It is also one of the oldest tiger reserves in the country having the largest zone of Sal trees.