Checklist for air travellers
Airline passengers have been banned from taking any hand luggage, including liquids and all electrical devices.india Updated: Aug 16, 2006 15:11 IST
Airline passengers have been banned from taking any hand luggage, including liquids and all electrical devices, after British anti-terrorist officers uncovered a plot to blow up planes in mid-flight. All flight essentials must be carried in plastic bags.
• Passengers should carry only one piece of hand baggage, which will be checked manually.
• Don't carry any liquid or gel with you; this includes creams and lotions of all kinds.
•You can however carry milk if you are travelling with a child.
• But you will have to taste the milk before the security personnel.
• The sick can carry medicines, but need a prescription.
• Female sanitary items, tissues, handkerchiefsallowed, but should be unboxed.
• Keys (but no electrical fobs)
• You can no longer carry laptops, cellphones or other electronic items like iPods on board
• If you're going to the US and UK, international travellers need to report to the airport three hours in advance.It's one-and-a-half hour if you're a domestic traveller.
• Check in will close 30 minutes in advance.
First Published: Aug 12, 2006 16:07 IST