Enraged Lottery winners to approach Nagaland Govt
Winners of the controversial Lucky 3 Nagaland silicon online lottery are planning to approach the Nagaland State government directly, reports Megha Sood.india Updated: Nov 03, 2006 02:56 IST
Winners of the controversial Lucky 3 Nagaland silicon online lottery are planning to approach the Nagaland State government directly to put forward their demands.
The hundreds of annoyed Mumbai residents, who had won the lottery that was declared null and void by simply issuing a notification, are going to write to the Director of the Nagaland State government lottery to express their discontent for the 'partiality' for certain winners.
"There are many more winners, who are turning up and filing their complaints in the police stations all over the city. Now we are just getting all the winners together and making them file a complaint in the social service wing in the Crime branch,' said Umesh Kasle, one of the winners and a retailer.
"This is not at all just. If the government has paid the winning reward to some people they should also pay the other genuine winners because it is none of our concern what went wrong, we just know that we have won the amount fair and square," he added.
Angry winners in Kolkata have already ransacked the lottery selling shops. The winners of the lottery got annoyed after the draw was cancelled (which was sold as the Sikkim State government lottery as, according to the provision of the regulation act a particular state cannot sell lotteries in more than six states)," Kasle said.
However, Nana Patil, the president of the Maharashtra Vikreta Sangh says that they would wait for the police investigations and if they are not satisfied they would approach the central government.
"The online lotteries is illegal as none of these lotteries are carried out in violation of the 1998 lottery regulation act and all these online lotteries should be banned like the Maharashtra State online lotteries is banned," said Patil.
"After this controversy we are even trying to get rid of all the terminals in the state that issue online tickets," he added.
Meanwhile the police have already started acting on the letter given by the DGP of Nagaland to the DGP of the five states asking for their help regarding tracking down the suspicious associates of the two gunmen.
Sadanand Date, additional commissioner of police, Economics wing, to whom the investigation has been passed on by the DGP of Maharashtra said that the case is being investigated while sources in the Economics wing said that they are trying to establish and the verify the list of the persons, whose names had been given by the Playwin authorities and will soon call them for questioning.
Email Megha Sood: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Published: Nov 03, 2006 02:56 IST