Google celebrates R-Day, paints camels in gold and red
Google on Tuesday celebrated India’s Republic Day with a doodle of a tableau of camels carrying band members.
The doodle, draped in gold and red, featured the band on elaborately decorated camels.
A Border Security Force camel contingent will be participating in the Republic Day parade on Tuesday, an annual event which showcases the country’s military might and a myriad of tableaux depicting each state’s unique culture and history.
French President Francois Hollande is the chief guest for this year’s Republic Day, an invitation extended to him by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in solidarity with recent terrorist attacks in Paris and Pathankot.
Unlike many of Google’s previous doodles, this doodle does not have any animation.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- French foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian and finance minister Bruno Le Maire will be in Delhi next month while IAF chief Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria will be in France. At least 8 Rafale fighters will leave for India through mid-air refuelling by UAE between April 19 and April 23.
- The order also said that Kailashnathan will head an executive council set up for the purpose,
- Congress is like an ocean, Gandhi said in the national executive meeting of the IYC, and if anyone wants to return can be allowed to do so.
- The two-day trip to Dhaka will be Modi’s first foreign visit in 15 months
- Parties urge Speaker, Chairman to reduce sessions amid polls; both Houses to begin at 11 am from Tuesday
- Additional sessions judge Sandeep Yadav convicted 35-year-old Khan, also known as Junaid, Salim and Anna
- The database uses Aadhaar-based data generated from key farm sector programmes such as PM-KISAN.
- Police data shows that some of the 522 passengers nabbed in last 5 years while carrying live bullets in their bags claimed they had done so unknowingly
- Private firms will likely claim that the law interferes with their constitutional rights to carry on trade freely
- From SC-ST social groups, reservations have expanded to OBCs, economically weaker sections
- The revenue in March may cross the record Rs.1,19,875 crore collected in January by at least Rs.10,000 crore.