Nagesh Kukunoor re-starts Eight by Ten
R ight. So you know Nagesh Kukunoor and Akshay Kumar have sorted out their differences over a messy shooting schedule in Canada. Eight by Ten has re-started.
The movie's heroine is Ayesha Takia, a Kukunoor favourite. But hello, now Kukunoor has recreated Canada in Jogeshwari - or more precisely at Kamalistan Studio.
Eight By Ten, which Kukunoor has denied is a rehash of M Night Shyamalan's Sixth Sense, has been in the news right from the day it was announced.
Akshay Kumar had allocated 40 days for the shoot in Canada but because of various problems - including hassles with the online producers in Vancouver - the dates were squandered. Since Akshay is committed to various other projects, it's not possible for him to allot too many days at a stretch.
According to a source, "After the Canada fiasco, a couple of Akshay's films became big hits.. so his price went up so he demanded a price hike from the producers (Percept Pictures)."
"To keep the escalating budget in check to the extent possible, the production house wants to play safe and shoot the interior portions of the film in Mumbai and avoid a trip to Canada again."
Currently, Akshay is simultaneously shooting for two films - Eight by Ten and Nikhil Advani's Chandni Chowk to Chinatown. He shot for six days at Kamalistan for Kukunoor and then jetted to Delhi.
Producer Rohan Sippy has blocked an area in Chandni Chowk for almost a month. Akshay is also committed to other projects like Vipul Shah's Singh is Kinng, Sajid Nadiadwala's Kambakht Ishq and a film by Priyadarshan.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On February 23, a Maoist camp was destroyed and an ambush against security forces was foiled by police in Gadchiroli district.
- Centre releases 2020 ‘Ease of Living Index’, experts cite women safety, transportation to explain outcome
- A single-phase election to 234 assembly seats is scheduled for April 6 in Tamil Nadu.
- The protesting farmers will block the six-lane Western Peripheral Expressway, also known as Kundli–Manesar–Palwal (KMP) Expressway for five hours, from 11 am to till 4 pm, Samyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM) announced on Wednesday.
- Former Goa CM and BJP stalwart Manohar Parrikar's son Utpal admitted he was breaking ranks with the party but stopped short of saying he was rebelling.