Paresh Rawal goes global with The Virgin Goat
After proving his mettle in Bollywood, versatile actor Paresh Rawal is now getting ready to do his first international film.
"It's called The Virgin Goat. It is a lovely script. I play a villager who is taking his goat-on-heat for mating. It's entirely the story of my character," Paresh told IANS.
It's rumoured that Paresh has asked for an exorbitant amount of money for the role.
"Please believe me, I'm asking for less than I deserve. I'm not comparing my price to what others get. I'm only charging more as compared with what I used to charge earlier. Boney Kapoor openly told me once that I charge too little. Sometimes I ask for more than I normally would just to fob off unwanted projects."
The talented actor had been in the news for his comment on Mallika Sherawat who plays his wife in Sanjay Chhel's Maan Gaye Mughal-e-Azam.
The two got along like a house on fire during the shooting of the film and Paresh made the classic statement on the sets of Maan Gaye Mughal-e-Azam, "Mallika is largely responsible for global warming."
Laughs Paresh, "Ha, I did say that. I don't deny it, but only as a joke. I'm constantly passing quips on the sets. And this was one of them. Little did I know that it would be the talk of the town! I've just landed in Mumbai and everyone is asking me about it."
Paresh plays a middle-aged man whose son is looking for a suitable match in Mere Baap Pehle Aap. And amused friends are now suggesting Mallika could be the cause of some domestic warming in Paresh's life.
Laughs Paresh, "Nothing like that. My wife (actress Sawroop Sampat) heard my comment and she laughed the loudest."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Uttarakhand's Urban Development Minister Madan Kaushik said green bonus was a major demand of the state for conserving about 71% of its total area.
- The CJI was candid to admit that those appointed to a committee were free to express their views on the subject on which they have been called to consider.
- The BKU said committee will tour US Nagar district to ensure farmers participation with their tractors in Delhi on Republic Day .
- The BJP leader said the Congress is not interested in resolving the issues pertaining to the farmers and Gandhi’s media address a day before the government and the farmers’ meet shows that the party does not want the talks to be successful.
- The rhino had moved out of the Kaziranga National Park and Tiger Reserve on January 16 at Jakahalabandha area of Kaliabor.
- The glitches in the CoWIN application have affected the vaccination drive in Rajasthan. The second day of the inoculation program saw 11,288 health workers of the 68.7% of targeted beneficiaries, which works out to 5 percentage points less than the first day.
- Biotic interference in Nongkhyllem Wildlife Sanctuary has been significantly reduced, zonation has been done in terms of core and buffer zones and it has a duly notified eco-sensitive zone