Seductive moves to kick off soccer'06
This year the competition between teams to reach the soccer World Cup final would be intense, with Colombian pop star Shakira performing just before the kick off on July 9. The singer was picked to perform her latest hit Hips Don’t Lie at Berlin’s Olympic Stadium.
The 29-year-old's performance is supposed to be 10 minutes long and take place just ahead of kick-off in
Berlin's Olympiastadion stadium. The stadium, which will host 6 matches including the final, has a seating capacity of over 66,000.
"It is sure to make the thousands and thousands of fans gathered at the famous stadium get up and dance before kick-off," the Sun quoted a spokesperson for Sony-BMG, representing the singer as saying.
However the singer's home team Colombia did not qualify for the cup.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A candidate questioned by MPPEB allowed a tainted company to conduct the exam. The same company was blacklisted by UP after a question paper of recruitment exam for sub-inspectors got leaked in 2017, he alleged.
- Justice Gautam Patel on Tuesday heard a defamation suit filed by model and actor Sakshi Malik against Venkateshwara Creations Pvt Ltd for allegedly using her photograph without permission in their movie.
- With today’s vaccination, the President joins the ranks of statesmen and politicians who have gotten vaccinated since the second phase of vaccination started on March 1.
- The Chief Minister appealed to all eligible people to come forward and get themselves vaccinated.
- The amendment also empowers the Central government to auction mines, which the states have failed to auction. Of the 143 such mines listed for auctioning, states have auctioned only 7 since 2015, the amendment said.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.